Roger Insellman, Barry Sobieski, Wade Payne – These guys still COs?

by Seeker4 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Roger Insellman, Barry Sobieski and Wade Payne were three of the poorest COs I can remember in the decades I was a JW.
    Sobieski was a bully, using his authority to intimidate as much as possible.
    Insellman was just not personable, and was such a company man is so many ways.
    Payne lived up to his name.
    All three did a few nice things towards me, but they all were the type of CO you can't wait to say goodbye to. Three years never seemed so long!
    And from my youth, you might want to add Clayton Peace to the mix, though he took a real liking to me as a young teenager and I spent a lot of time with him when he visited the congregation. His treatment of his wife was scandalous.
    Any of these guys still in the traveling work?
    S4

• done4good
    done4good

I dunno about Wade Payne, we had a Brown Payne a few years ago, (late '90s), and he was a hard-ass. Only slightly more tolerable than Hawkins, whom he replaced.

j

• done4good
    done4good

Btw..no pun intended by the "hard-ass" comment...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Didn't have the privilage of knowing those guys, but a guy that comes to mind had the last name of Pervis. His motto was Brother Pervis likes to go out in service.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I think Sobieski was in Florida a few years back.

• TMS
    TMS

I knew Purvis pretty well, first when he was training under Eugene Brandt and later as a circuit overseer. He was actually a pretty down-to-earth guy who would not intentionally hurt a flea.

I met a pompous circuit overseer in Texas named Payne in the late 60's. I worked in his boring Volunteer Department at the district convention, but I also made enchiladas in food service before the lunch hour. He "caught" me working in food service and even though my duties at the Volunteer Desk were being cared for as well, he chewed me out royally for "department-jumping." What an asshole!

tms

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Barry Sobieski served the Circuit I was in when I lived in Marietta, GA and was later my parent's CO in Georgia Circuit #1, which includes Albany as recently as ... three years ago? I wasn't living here then. As far as I know, still in Circuit work.

I don't know the other blokes, though.

• minimus
    minimus

I knew Wade Payne....He was a dick.---------What about all the other COs and DOs?? Where are they now??

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It's hard for me to believe that Sobieski is still in circuit work.
    Thanks for the updates.
    S4

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings S4,

I remember Roger. Kind of a soft spoken and donned a shit eating watchtower grin. We had a goin' away party for him.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit