Roger Insellman, Barry Sobieski, Wade Payne – These guys still COs?

by Seeker4 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, Dis, Roger was here in Vermont in the 1980s I would guess. Sooo awkward with people.
    Wonder where he went afterward?
    S4

• SadElder
    SadElder

Last we heard Barry Sobieski was in the SW Florida area as DO maybe temporary, he had been CO around Gainesville, FL. Know some of his family who of course are no longer speaking. Seemed quite impressed with himself.

Clayton Peace was in the Tampa, FL area, heard they were or did leave the road. Didn't like air conditioning, actually had them turn off the AC in a hall during his visit. Always had a list of things not to cook for them. Hated dangly ear rings, refused to work with sisters who were not wearing hose while in service. (In Florida yet) What a jerk. Good riddance.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Brown Payne is now a DO (first assignment as a DO) in Massachusetts and is a hard ass. Payne is a "pain" and a loose canon. At several assemblies he referred to homosexuals as "nasty". I was horrified and extremely upset. Payne made those comments multiple times during our CA. Never once did he refer to liars, stealers, adulterers etc as "nasty" only when referring to homosexuals. Payne's comments caused a lot to grumble and at how unloving his comments were.

He came across as extremely haughty and had a chip on his shoulder. They just seem to be getting worse....

• minimus
    minimus

They have to pick DOs from somewhere. The pool is dry.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I agree Minimus and the pool is looking drab.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Barry Sobieski is now a DO somewhere in the New Jersey/Pennsylvania area. I served with him as fellow book study conductors in the Brooklyn Heights congregation when we were at Bethel. A totally humorless, wooden by-the-book figure as I remember him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit