Hello from a newbe

by thetruthwillsetyoufree 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings and Welcome thetruthwillsetyoufree! Do tell us more.

Dismembered

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Truth, nice to have ou here.

The comment you quote is classic JW, and reason for their captive minds. Every base is covered, so they think their doctrine is water tight.

Some others:

If a prayer is answered it is from Jah, if not you have not asked for the right thing.

If there is war it is signs of the the last days, if not it is the cry of Peace and Security.

If there is growth in JWs it is Gods blessing, if numbers drop it is the love of the greater number cooling off.

It is an amazing feeling to step back and wonder how you ever fell for such senseless hogwash.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

TTWSYF (I had to abbreviate your name!). I'm sure the people here will come up with an appropriate nick for you. Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope that you will make yourself comfortable and learn more about that religion and the mind control tactics that they used. This forum is a good place for you to let off your steam.

You say that you're a realist, now? Can you explain that a little more?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome, ttwsyf!

The brother said:" If you are suffering in life now and you are doing Jehovah's will, it is the devil thats trying to break you.If you are suffering in life now and you are not doing Jehovahs will, then your suffering is only to be expected, if you wont listen to our loving Father"

I hope they keep giving that sort of "encouragement" since there is nothing that shows Jehovah's blessing on apostates like the kind of growth our numbers receive as a result of such empathetic counsel.

With regard to the "Troll Alert", if you are genuine pay this warning no mind. Time will prove it out.

We have occasional problems from an extremely offensive poster who does not respect forum rules or other people at all. "He" went by the pseudonym "Barney Muldoon", and most likely is a male given his penchant for the use of the "c" word directed toward female posters here. A first-class example of a socially retarded human being, he has fixated on this forum and every now and again will create a new persona grata who eventually becomes a persona non grata.

He tries to make the forum think he is able to hijack accounts. However, the extent to which it appears his brain cells excite—no more than a very faint burple (bluish purple) glow on a highly sensitive brain activity scan—indicates that the more rational likelihood is he creates new accounts here when his IP address changes and starts the moronic, irritating, and pointless process all over again. The process involves winning friends by deception (no easy task on an Internet forum ) and then insulting the very ones he befriended while pretending the account got "hijacked" by himself.

Oddly, he never "hijacks" the accounts of any long time poster, like metatron or minimus...I wonder why. Oh yeah, that's right, now I remember. He can't hijack accounts at all. He tries to create a sense of insecurity, but really only manages to make an ass of himself <sigh!> again.

As I said, if you are genuine it will prove out automatically over time. There is no need to prove yourself or defend yourself to anyone, you don't owe anyone an explanation and your presence is welcome.

To me, your initial post seemed to strike the same tone as some of the iterative shades of Barney Muldoon. So it may be some time before I shed my defensive skepticism, but it isn't meant as an offense to you. This skepticism is really the only impact Muldoon has had on the forum. If you are Barney Muldoon <sigh!> again, you will eventually melt down into an insignificant piece of human excrement and get deleted <sigh!> again.

On the other hand, if you aren't, and I sincerely hope you aren't, your viewpoints and posts are most welcome. Obviously, we have no choice other than to give you the benefit of doubt, and most of us will happily do just that; which is why we are so vulnerable to "clever" dolts with nothing better to do than "trick" people into being their friends.

If I read kid-A and What-a-Coincidence correctly, the troll alert is just to serve as a potential "heads up" to others, not to dissuade you from posting or to make you feel unwelcome. That explained, how long did you serve as an elder? Were you one of the "Big Three" , or just a lackey elder?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit