Hello from a newbe

by thetruthwillsetyoufree 13 Replies latest jw friends

• thetruthwillsetyoufree
    thetruthwillsetyoufree

Hello everyone. Well I've been meaning to search the web and see if there was anything on JW's for years. And now I've gone and done it.

Just wanted to share a thought from one of the last meetings I ever went to 10 years ago:

The brother said:" If you are suffering in life now and you are doing Jehovah's will, it is the devil thats trying to break you.If you are suffering in life now and you are not doing Jehovahs will, then your suffering is only to be expected, if you wont listen to our loving Father"

Deep, dont you think. At least he helped me make the right descision.

Thanks for all the interesting threeds that you guys have posted

• sir82
    sir82

Welcome!

So the brother's message was, essentially, "You're screwed no matter what you do!"

Great! It's encouragement like that that keeps the JWs in their "spiritual paradise".

• kid-A
    kid-A

TROLL ALERT

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi truth and welcome!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME!!! We are glad to have you here! We look forward to your posts!

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi thetruth, and welcome to the forum

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i am with kid-a on this one

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yep your name said it.....because the truth about the 'truth' set us free!

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

But they've been told- go to any other JW site apart from the official WT site and God kills you at armageddon. If he's a troll he's a brave one.

• thetruthwillsetyoufree
    thetruthwillsetyoufree

Hiya Kid-A. Couldn't work out what troll Alert meant at first. Guess you think I'm not for real.So I'll tell you a little about myself. Brought up in the truth. "Good" witness ( even an elder ) who believed less and less but was "happy" so why rock the boat.

Trouble was, my mariage wasnt good. Some of you may know the thing: you dont date unless you want to marry etc. How many bad mariages came from that sort of crap.Anyway, I decided to take the big step and get a divorce, and stopped going to the meetings.OK but I wasnt completely "lost"for them. But then I went and met another woman ( a Catholic of all things ). Was df'd 12 years ago. NOOOO

regrets, (miss the family but I'm strong enough to live with that ).Probably the main thing that angers me about JW's ( oh somebody tell me why JDubs) is this forced exile which hurts the "faithful" as much as us, but then we know their really into emotional blackmail.

I've been very angry with JDubs because of the reason I've just given. Now I'm less angry and just get on with my own life.Then just the other day, I found you all on the web and felt like talking to someone else who understod: because of course, those who have not experienced this " upbringing" ( my wife for example) cant really understand. And to be honest, I havent told many people what I used to be. Always afraid of a bad reaction at first, and then after the years go by.

Anyway, I've no desire to lead a crusade against my ancient captors, but I am gald to have found a way of talking with others like me.

I'm sure I'll tell you more in due course and wish you all every happiness.

Oh, my alias: I wanted to chose realist,because I think I am one , but it was already taken. I spent 10 mns thinking of another one and then all of a sudden this phrase came back to me. I have been set free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit