I corinthians chapter 11 verse 17 onwards???

by evergreen 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I believe it was my last memorial that I too, noticed that Judas was still present at the memorial even though the brother on the stage was telling all of us that he was NOT present in absolute terms.... one of the many ways JWs test who is still under hypnosis?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

evergreen,

you are correct! The WT takes scriptures out of context all the time to apply it to their own false teachings. That is why it is so important for us to always read the context. This is one lesson many of us have learned the hard way. We certainly don't want to repeat this same mistake again now do we? Lilly

Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me!

• Lieu
    Lieu

Without reading the context, who would have any clue what a lone scripture was referring to? If Jesus thought one lone scripture was all that was needed to prove a point, he wouldn't have bothered putting them into context using parables or discussing the entire events surrounding the scripture.

• Flash
    Flash

jwfacts

Jesus said the Little Flock and Other Sheep become "One Flock". This referred to Christianity being open to both the little flock of Jews and the other sheep that were to come from the Gentiles.

What then is the meaning of Holy Spirit being given to the Gentiles? By your reasoning Jews = Anointed...correct? Christ's 1st century disciples were anointed with Holy Spirit and "knew" they were in line to be Kings with Him in Heaven.

There is nothing to suggest that these terms have anything to do with the 144,000 and Great Crowd of Revelation.

I disagree.

..................................................................................

glitter

So despite almost 2000 years of good people with genuine Christian faith, the early Christian days of mass baptisms, steadfastness in the face of really awful persecution, etc, you think it's even *feasible* that there are still enough spots left in heaven for 8/9,000 people to be the only living annointed?

I'm not convinced that the WTS anointed headcount is reliable, and I have no idea how many truely anointed people there are on earth today.

• glitter
    glitter

I'm not convinced that the WTS anointed headcount is reliable, and I have no idea how many truely anointed people there are on earth today.

OK then, do you really think it's feasible that there have only ever been 144,000 people in the New Covenant?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit