Is Jehovah Satan?

by sinis 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Interesting book I read recently called "The Secret Supper" tells of an ancient religion-the Cathars, which believed (if I recall correctly and understood what i read) that the OT God was Satan. They believed that Peter was a betrayer and betrayed true christianity and that the Roman Church was corrupt from its root(Peter). Book was very interesting, lots of history, information about Leonardo(Da Vinci) and others of his time. Historical murder mystery-sort of.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

IP_SEC, whew ! I just read thru the "Interview with Jehovah"...funny if it wasn't so sad. All those things are in the Bible, it's amazing no one wants to think about the 'ugly' parts. I was the same, tho, when I came across the murderous rages of God & his Israelites i just accepted "there must be a good reason."

A good thought provoking read. Please post this at the 'other' place, too ?

Rabbit

• sinis
    sinis

Well, I just finished reading the Secret Book of John last night. Anyone else read it? So was the concept of Jehovah or Yaltobaoth a new idea of christianity (gnosticism) or was it a long known belief that the jews were worshipping the wrong god, and in fact that yaltobaoth/Jehovah was crazy?

• Borgia
    Borgia

I read the interviews as well. I laughed my head ans arse off. Especially that one with satan. The person who wrote it sure can write. I could picture monty pyton somewhere. (life of bryan)

Cheers

Borgia

• freetosee
    freetosee

This is an interesting view of the OT creator god Jehovah…

Origin of the worlds

Revelation to Adam

fts

• robhic
    robhic

This is something I had posted a while ago. It's somewhat relevant to this thread:

Why is satan supposed to be so bad? What did he actually do? He gets the blame, sure, but what does he explicitly do? Can’t explain why you did something bad? Blame the devil! An excuse.

He tempted Adam & Eve by telling them the truth! If they ate from the tree they would be the equal of god. Is this true? They ate from the tree. God got pissed and threw them out. (Now, did they possess the same knowledge, attributes, etc. that god had? I don’t know that part, it’s all about them getting tossed from the garden. But I digress.)

If they did have all god’s attributes, why could he so handily bounce them from the garden? Why didn’t they fight back? There were two of them. In any case, god said if and when they ate from the tree they would die. But they lived another 900 or so years. So who lied? Not satan...

And the bit about tempting jesus. So what? He tempted him, jesus declined the offer, no-harm-no foul as far as I can see. What does satan actually do that makes him so bad?

Tell folks to slaughter women and children (but keeping the more attractive women for wives)? Destroy whole towns or civilizations? Kill 70,000 people because some guy took a census and a myriad of other nasty things? No, it was god (the one who supposedly loves everyone) doing this! Not satan...

God does all the reprehensible things but satan gets blamed for stuff only because he seems to be a handy scape goat the way I see it. Gotta have someone or somewhere to place blame. It seems satan is just a convenient excuse for not taking responsibility oneself. And just for trying to make people more aware that the being they worship is an egomaniacal, self-focused, jealous, petty, vicious, capricious, mysoginistic, racist who insists that you live your whole life, without question, by his rules exclusively or he’ll kill you. Some choice. One lies yet says it is impossible for him to do so and one doesn’t lie but is called the "Father of the Lie." Say what?

So I guess it does make things a bit murky...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Please post this at the 'other' place, too ?

Hey wascaly wabbit. I did like a month ago but it didnt garner any response?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

IPfreely

Bttt it again, I'll respond a garner, er...whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit