The Jehovah's Witness religion is bad for a society.

by daystar 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

No such thing as 'Watchtower' teachings
    Cayman Net News, Cayman Islands - 9 minutes ago
    ... If he had done his research he would know that he was discussing the teachings of a religious organization called Jehovah's Witnesses, not one of their ...

• anewme
    anewme

I agree with you Daystar in as much as the Watchtower religion adds nothing to society as a whole.
    It cannot even boast anymore that it contributes to happy families because the truth is divorce is rising among the JWs along with the rest of society. Now we do know that even criminals do exist in their ranks as well.
    They do not vote.
    They do not interact.
    They shun all holidays.
    They shun family members who are not JWs.
    They publicly downgrade college and the institutions of higher learning in our country.
    They publicly downgrade the institutions for peace in the world.
    In what way could they defend themselves that they are contributing members of society?

That said, I also agree with Blondie that the mindset behind the JWs is pervasive throughout the world and there are many fundamental antisocial exclusive organizations like them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Since their beginning Jehovah's Witnesses have severely criticized or condemned religions, governments, businesses, the military, the medical profession, education, the banks, the media, law enforcement, charities, entertainment, the internet, and essentially everything that is not under Watchtower control. I hate to imagine the kind of place the world would be if everything JWs disliked were to vanish tomorrow.

W

• anewme
    anewme

Well said Finally Free!

• JH
    JH

The JW's always said that they were the best of citizens, because don't steal, don't kill, don't smoke......bla bla bla

...and also I remember them telling us at the hall, that whenever we move to a new apartment or pass an interview for a job, to always mention that we are JW's........as if that would put a smile on people's face....

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are bad and there are lots of other cultic organisations out there that are just as bad and others that are even worse, they sell false promises and impose excessive demands on their members and enslave them emotionally.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They are just one of many high control cults, perhaps one of the larger ones, bur still fairly insignificant. If thet were gone, very few people outside the wts would miss them, but there would still be plenty of other cults, some far worse than the jws, still thriving.

• hopie
    hopie

The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses operate as a GOVERNMENT WITHIN A GOVERNMENT.

When they do not disclose to the CIVIL AUTHORITIES the crimes that are commited by their members, such as child molestation, and among many others, that is illegal.

The decision to make it a policy to stop all communications by the members to anyone that is disfellowshipped or branded as a apostate, involves millions many times over for family members, friends and extended families world wide. A GREAT HARM DONE BY ONE CULT.

Hopie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    18,000 JW's 198 K-Halls Maine

18,000 JW  198 K-Halls Maine

O-kay now how many moonies,KKK groups in Maine USA ?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The center green arrow is my home surrounded by hostile JW cult member churches who would like to see me dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit