The Jehovah's Witness religion is bad for a society.

by daystar 19 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

The Jehovah's Witness religion is destructive to families and debilitates personal, individual development.

It corrupts and weakens any society which allows it to thrive.

Without explaining details, this is as concise a statement as I can make regarding the entire Witness structure. I thought about this late last night and wrote this. I considered mainly reasons why a nation might not allow the Witnesses.

Does anyone else have a personal, or not, manifesto opposed to the Witnesses? Is there some statement that has been used by some here in the past to express your opinion?

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, while the WTS may seem bad, there are many organizations, religious and otherwise that undermine society. Ridding the world of the WTS doctrines will be only a pebble in the ocean.

Blondie (trying to be realistic, looking at helping one person at a time be protected against cults)

PS I have been on Steven Hassan's DB and am amazed at how many dangerous groups there are.

• daystar
    daystar
    Ridding the world of the WTS doctrines will be only a pebble in the ocean.

Well, certainly. But any amount is beneficial.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Blondie is right, the amazing thing about JWs is not only how bad they are but how there are so many others that are even worse.

• daystar
    daystar

Right. I consider Scientology to be among the most horrendous. However, I'm not referring to any other high control group or cult here. The perspective I'm taking is only related to the Witnesses.

• Terry
    Terry

Superstition is bad for society.

Why?

Because life is real and superstition is make-believe.

Reality is cause and effect and Superstition is a disconnect.

Evidence trumps faith because it is actually there and points to something. Faith is an empty chair waiting on Elijah.

Jehovah was my daddy when my real one left.

The Kingdom Hall was full of "brothers and sisters" when I was an only child.

Door to door preaching was my purpose when I was stumbling around looking for things to do.

Baptism was my joining a group that wanted me to be a part.

Yet, although my needs were filled and my dance card full of names the empty well of poison water echoed "fool" each time I drank.

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one more make-believe in a world filled with "pretend".

Pretending is pretense and life is brutal when you don't have a map that fits the terrain.

What is bad for society is agreeing to see what isn't there and declaring you will die for it in order to live.

• sspo
    sspo

Let's be honest about the many of our freinds that are still JW's,many,many are truly happy doing "God's Will".

It gives them a hope for the future and reminders from the bible that are also beneficial in staying out of trouble.

I have seen some familly falling out, leaving the JW's and definetely have to say that i wish they would have stayed in the " truth" children and parents.

For many it is a good way to live as long as you are willing to give your life to the Watchtower and let them do your thinking for you.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

It's pretty screwed up, but I don't think I'll live to see them shut down by a government, at least not in the US, or pretty much anywhere else.

They will continue to have their legal problems, of course, but for the most part what they are doing is not illegal. The misleading, false prophesies, outright lies, and controlling nature of this group is all very upsetting but it is, at the moment, not illegal.

What I would like to see is someone raising an issue about the voting policy. This policy is illegal, of course they think they have themselves covered by having "it's a conscience matter" in writing, but we all know that means "we can still disfellowship you for it". That sort of harrassment disenfranchises many people and should be stopped. If I end up getting disfellowshipped for that, I will sue them.

• daystar
    daystar

?? Where did I say that the Witnesses were the only religion, cult, etc. that is bad for society?

• blondie
    blondie

I think it is more important to teach people to protect themselves from all controlling groups by learning how to identify the methods they use. Then when they come in contact with an individual/group with similar characteristics they will know how to deal with it. It is just like the issues of pedophiles. It would not be good to say that if you stayed away from all KHs and JWs that your child would not be molested. It is better to teach yourself and your child to identify the characteristics of a pedophile no matter what group they are in, what position they hold in society, or even if they are a "trusted" family member or friend.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit