Convention badges worn at Wal-Mart

by purplesofa 17 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty
    but what is the point of wearing badges to Wal-Mart?

Cuz the Society tells them to. One of the endless little tests to determine whether JW's are being truly submissive to the Slave.

Exactly. The WT "officially" says it's to encourage informally witnessing but everyone knows it's simply a test. Just how obedient will YOU be? How far can they push you?

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a resturant having dinner with a friend when I noticed two JW couples sitting there dressed in their '70's meeting attire with their badges still on. Was very, VERY creepy. I recognized one of the male JW's. Can't recall his name or congregation but I remember he was a hard-line elder. I just had to wonder if he'd counsel any JW's who walked in without wearing their badges.

"We don't need no stinkin badges"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Jehovah's Witnesses get so few perks. I guess to the die-hards, wearing a badge gives them a satisfactory feeling. I was never crazy about the convention badges in the first place. The goofy little plastic holder didn't work too well. The card kept sliding around. I always had to staple mine to keep it together.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Would Jesus wear a badge? Thought so.

• orbison11
    orbison11

lol, we were about 3 years into out indoctination in the org

proud, proud jw's,,,,,,we wore our badges to a local pizza place we had been to forever,,,they put major heavy spices on our pizza,,,i will never foret that lol

wendy

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am a nerd and always forget to take name badges off. . .whether it was from the conventions or anything else. Whenever I realize I am wearing it, I feel so strange that I announce my personal information to all and sundry. In the case of the conventions-do you really want that pervert to know your full name and hometown just because he saw you at a Walmart? Thought so!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Bible trained conscience = Cult Indoctrinated Mind!

Good to hear you no longer feel bad; their arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Keep smiling!

DB74

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The last three or four years I was "in" I didn't even wear the damn things at the conventions!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

that is so funny. if me and the family saw that walking through walmart we would have been laughing our hindys off. with a few finger points in for good measure. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit