What if we wrote letters to the Society.....

by Lady Liberty 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Bob1999,

Thank you for posting this letter from the U.N..

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I know many of you have written your own letters and some have received replys. I guess my point was, that if those of us who have not yet attempted this, try and aquire letters not through the internet, but directly from the source, we may have stronger proofs. By having such, we may be able to "get through" to some of our loved ones who love to fire at us, "where did you get that!!" Instead, we could show them post marked envelopes made out to us personally, as proof we did not download them off the internet, "the Devils tool" as many refer to it. Like I said before, they want to attack the messanger, and not the message. If they think you got the material from the internet, or someone on the internet, they 99% of the time will refuse to look at it. But how could they ignore an actual reply straight from the horses mouth.

Anyway, like some of you said, I would be "lucky" to even get a reply. My thought was, that by their even trying to justify such involvement, it would prove that they were in fact involved! My aunt gasped when I told her of the Watchtowers U.N involvement! She of course said that was "apostate"! I just wish I had something sent directly to me as proof to show her. But.. reality is, it probably wouldn't do any good anyway as she is so brainwashed its sick!

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• parlay
    parlay

Even if you receive an offical reply signed by every member of the GB, if a person does not want

to believe anything negative about the WBTS, they won't. No matter how convincing your argument.

Having them make a phone call to Brooklyn headquarters, puts the burden on them and if they refuse to call,

it only questions their sincerity.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Parlay,

You are absolutely right. In fact this same aunt, in the same conversation, was telling me that the Society NEVER said 1975 was going to be the end. I told her what old magazine to look at and she siad she didn't believe it. I told her I would send it to her. She told me not to that I was an "apostate" and that she would not look at it if I sent it. I told her I was as much as an "apostate" as she was! I was SO frusterated at such deliberate denial! The brain washing is absolutely amazing!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Quandry
    Quandry

Lady Liberty-you told your Aunt you would send her a magazine highlighting that 1975 marked "The End" but she would not read it? Now it would make her apostate to even read a W.T.magazine? How does that happen? Also, she could just ask the P.O. at the Hall about the United Nations issue. I'll bet he's heard of it. Of course, that would put fear into her that she would be branded as apostate!!! It's like the Salem Witch Hunt --you must turn in your neighbor or you will be suspect.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi. How about we all just forget the JayDubbery and enjoy the lives we have now? I like coming here and reading everyone's posts, but I have zero desire to become a crusader against the WTS. People who are in the mouth of the Watchtower monster, getting all chewed up, are there by choice. They stay there by choice. They turn a blind eye to your evidence by choice. Their PO is not holding a gun to their head. THEY are holding a gun to their head.

I think this is a Fundamental Insight in getting over, letting go, and moving on. The WTS already robbed you and I of years of our lives that could have been profitably and enjoyably spent doing something else. Why give them even more years of your life by making them your focus once again? None of that Crusader stuff makes any sense to me. EB

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Do you have family still in who won't speak to you at all ElderBarry? If I didn't maybe moving on would be easier - but I feel bereaved and yet there's a tiny chance they could be ressurected for me one day. Should I forsake the chance however miniscule?

And its not a big deal to make sure I give people an antiwitness when it comes up in conversation which invariably it does in conversation whenI come to explaining why I have not seen my parents or sisters or grandparents or cousins or aunts or uncles or nephew or neices (I'm assuming that I must have some soon if not already but the only way I'll find out is probably on here!)

I think your advice is good but in my circumstances it would go against my conscience not to try and do something that might contribute in some small way to returning my sisters to me, although I fear my parents will most likely die before I am allowed to lay eyes on them again.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi Crumpet! Oddly enough my family won't associate with me because I became a "Mormon." They didn't care that I became a JW because my Aunt Ida had been a lifelong Witness, so it was something they were used to. But within a few days of my becoming a "Mormon" I became an outcast, and I mean an outcast. No one except my older sister Linda will talk to me. So, yeah, I know the drill. Yet, that's their decision and their life. I could become fixated on it and let it seriously affect my life and my enjoyment of it, but I don't. It's a decision, a choice. I know it hurts, Crumpet, it hurts me to. Yet I can't give any more of my life to it when there is just so much to enjoy and explore and learn. Lisa alias EB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit