Announcement at Alaskan District Assembly

by Gary1914 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

There was an announcement at the Alaskan District Assembly last week that the Alaskan Branch will now be integrated into the US Branch. Prior to this Alaska's number were always counted separately. I wonder what this means?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

How interesting! May be so the US figures can be boosted for the January Watchtower Stats.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Yeah,it means the US year-end numbers will show a positive increase,which will falsely encourage the jw's in denial into leading them to think that there was actual growth in the US in 2006.All smoke and mirrors,a play with numbers.

Goldminer

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Won't they be rejoicing over the probable US increase? Let's hope some of them see it for the con trick it is, and point it out to others.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They can only cook the books for so long. Eventually there will be no hiding the falling numbers, My guess is they stop counting publishers and start reporting meeting attendance, then move on to just reporting memorial attendance, and finally not report numbers at all.

• Scully
    Scully

It means that the folks working at the Alaskan Branch are going to be working at the Wal-Mart in Anchorage.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    It means that the folks working at the Alaskan Branch are going to be working at the Wal-Mart in Anchorage.

LMAO!

Naw really. Poor, poor friends being let go like that.

• aniron
    aniron

Will add about 2,500+/- approx to USA numbers.

Is this another case of downsizing. Why did they have an Alaskan branch anyway? Make sure we all remember this when they publish the 2005-2006 service year figures.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

have the statistics for the USA been done this year over previous years?

If so then yes I can see them doing that to add Alaska to the US and make it appear as if there is an increase in publishers.

Its pretty sneaky if you ask me. But why would they announce that and then try and then try to fool the JW's, wouldn't they already know this?

Just an inquiring mind wanting to know.

Orangefatcat

• serendipity
    serendipity

Anyone want to bet there's no footnote in the annual report to explain the increase? They may not feel the need to do so, since it's only a fraction of a percent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit