Brits: 90% Say Go In With Yanks.

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

Hey E-man--

I have seen on TV the reaction of the people in Britain and I have to tell you I found it so touching. All the flowers and stuff at the embassy, seeing people crying and sympathizing--really heartwarming. Inasmuch as we enjoy our friendly rivalry on this board (who's better? etc) when it comes down to it--you guys are our best friends.

Tell everyone for us that we thank them for everything and we love you guys.

Julie, who knows there is going to be some seriously ugly reprecussions for this

• borgfree
    borgfree

Thanks Englishman,

This is the thanks of one more Yank to the Brits. ........even if you are not very good at sports.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • Englishman
    Englishman

Thanks for your replies!

BBC 1 has just aired the clip of the scenes at Buck Palace when the Guards played the US anthem. It was incredibly moving, so many people singing along with tears pouring down their faces, even my family watching TV were in tears.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

bttt

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks for the link Englishman. I am glad to know our English Allies are on our side. Terrorism is the world's enemy.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Hojon
    Hojon

Thank you Englishman.

It's weird, but I actually do feel better hearing stuff like this. You wouldn't think that someone on the other side of the planet would have any effect but it really does. I'm touched by what England (and several other countries too) are doing.

• claudia
    claudia

((((((Englishman))))))) Your words are touching, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• think41self
    think41self

Thanks Eman

If I had a local pub, I'd go in and lift one to you and your countrymen!!

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing." Abdullah

• Andee
    Andee

Thank you Englishman,

I was able to view the guard playing the Star Spangled Banner on our local PBS station here. What a loving gesture.

It's amazing how something like that can go such long way, literally, to help soothe millions of aching hearts.

Andee

• Grunt
    Grunt

Englishman,
    Thanks to you and your country. I watched the changing of the guard and was deeply touched. I am so sorry for all of those of every nationality that died for such a stupid reason. This rich kid, from a dysfunctional family (fifty some odd brothers and sisters) who became a religious fanatic has caused so much more grief than he was ever worth. For once I know someone whom I wish had become a witness. Now I want him to become a corpse, but only he and the other guilty ones. I greatly fear a mass attack with a lot of innocent people who have already suffered so much suffering yet again while the fat cats flee. I do hope we insert troops and dig him out of whatever hole he climbs in. I think it may take years to get them all and that we will have other tragedies but I do believe with all my heart that we will get this man and the others like him. I hope when his group is wiped out that they don't stop there. Anyway, thank you again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit