Brits: 90% Say Go In With Yanks.

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I thought you folk in the States might like to know how things stand this side of the pond.

Sky News Interactive showed that 90% of those polled thought that the UK should join with the US military in attacks on countries harbouring terrorists.

The the entrance to the US embassy in London is stacked high with flowers and tributes, the FDR statue in particular has also been similarly honoured.

Flags all around the country are at half-mast.

The Queen ordered that the daily Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace should feature the USA National anthem, this has never happened before at such a nationalistic event.

The famous Last Night of the Proms at the Albert Hall and Hyde Park has been restructured to honour the American dead.

It is know that several hundred Brits were in the Trade Centre at the time of the attack.

I just wanted you people to know that your country is by no means on its own in this crisis.

((((((BIG BRITISH HUGS)))))))

Englishman. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1541000/1541993.stm

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks you Englishman for this post. God Save the Queen! Our two nations have been brothers a long time. We stood together in WWI and WWII, even though the USA was slow to get off of its backside and join in against Hitler. And we have stood together on many other issues, and I am proud to call the United Kingdom our brother nation and in some ways was also our mother nation, and we also see Canada and Australia as brothers and appreciate their supportive statements as well. Many other nations are with us as well.

I do trust that our good leaders ill use wise judgment in dealing with this issue, and getting those responsible. Thanks again. - Amazing

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Eman...(((hugs))),

I read on the BBC news page about the number of Britons who may have perished in the tragedy on Tuesday; my heart goes out to your countrymen and women as well. I was also told this morning that the Canadian government fears as many as 500 Canadians may have also been killed/injured on Tuesday. This is truly an international tragedy.
    I saw the pictures on the BBC page of the flowers etc piled in front of the American embassy and it brought tears to my eyes. This has touched a loved one of mine in a very personal way; he has lost friends who worked in one of the towers and I am having a difficult time focusing on anything besides these events. "A day that will live in infamy" for sure.
    On the other hand, I do not know how to describe my feelings regarding the outpouring of love and solidarity from around the world...humanity, in spite of everything it seems, is still alive and well.

Dana

edited to include:
    Amazing, I have been reading most of your posts with interest and in many cases, agreement. I just wanted to tell you that the feelings you have been expressing mirror my own.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello Englishman, and thank you very much for your posting.

We Americans thank you and all of the Brits who support the United States against terrorism. We remember how the UK assisted with the retaliatory air strike against Tripoli that helped keep Libya quiet for a long time.

I am sorry for the loss of British lives that occurred in the World Trade Center area, as I am sorry for the losses of all other international workers and visitors who were there that day. The United States is supposed to be a protector of both its own residents and all of those who are peaceably residing in the country. We have failed that day; let us hope that we will not fail in the promptness, intensity, and effectiveness in our response.

Any help that the UK can give us is very much welcome. There are reports that MI5 is helping us right now. We could also use the help of the RAF, as our Air Force has seen far too many budget and personnel cuts over the past decade. The Royal Navy can help too; with its aircraft carriers and its submarines, the RN can help patch the gaps in the US Navy. The USN had about 590 ships at the end of the Reagan administration but has since been gutted to about 317 ships at the end of the Clinton administration.

At the moment, the American media is reporting that the United States is going to wait for "international consensus" before acting. I don't know how much of this is just talk; personally, I fear that too long of a wait will serve to reduce the effect of whatever action will be taken.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I guess old habits die hard. I haven't shown or even felt much in the way of nationalistic feelings since I began my "fade" from the WT years ago. This tragedy has awakened them in me.

It is truly touching to hear of such gestures from our mother/sister country, such as the Changing of the Guard ceremony, and all the flowers at the US Embassy.

God bless America, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the hairy places of Osama Bin Laden,
    Hmmm

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Englishman,

We have always known that we could count on our British friends.

{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs back at ya}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((E-man)))))

Thanks for sharing! That truly makes my morning! This tragedy convinces me that MOST people are innately good. Many are misled and brainwashed, but MOST are innately good.

Andi

• josephus
    josephus

hi guys

just to say everyone i know wants nato to kill every motherfucker involved.

personally i hope they drop nucleor bombs on all thier training camps.

this kind of stuff makes me glad im ALLOWED to have an opinion, and TAKE A SIDE.

makes you want to join the army.

love

josephus
    northern ireland

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thanks for your post, Englishman. It helps to know we're not alone. When I saw the outpourings of sympathy in many other countries, including Britain, I felt moved to tears. Thank you. Our sympathies go out to all those who have also suffered losses in this tragedy.

• dubla
    dubla

thanks englishman, great post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit