How did you............

by lola28 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I'm pretty sure I found this board through a link on one of the various JW "Information" sites. It may have been Quotes or some such... I don't really remember. Like others, I started with the "Best of..." sections and spent literally several straight days doing nothing but reading. It was such a relief to know I wasn't alone!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was a JW when I found this and knew it was *horrors* an apostate site!!!! I didn't come to visit until I was *out*

• In Between
    In Between

Google ...

... of course there will be a 'tower coming out soon warning of the sins and perils of the website known as 'google' ... LOL!

• Raising Cane
    Raising Cane

I connected with my long time girl friend Vicki Boer and she brought me here...

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well, I found the freeminds site first and read through it; felt bad at first but realized what randy said was probably true.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I was using a pathetic MSN group until a member there told me about this place. Thank you RedhorseWoman, I miss you.

Nic'

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I use to sell EXJW t-shirts on e-bay and during a search I found this website. Can you believe I didn't sell not one damn t-shirt I had like 130 views of my t-shirts and didn't sell not one! Oh well

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

A local referred me. I'd been to my df meeting a couple of days prior. I forgot the site and the link and went searching for it a month later. It only took a few months for me to decide to never go back, but those were some great months... and it's gotten better ever since!

• dh
    dh

i was bored and living in china at the time, sat at my desk, been an ex jw for 7ish years, and just googled jehovah's witnesses. not sure what prompted the thought, probably just boredom. anyway, this site came up and i clicked onto it much like i did today, and joined. it didn't change my life much, i talked to some interesting people and like any forum it's a good place to rant. i'm sure that my reading things on here went some way into how hard i pushed at my mom until she eventually stopped going to meetings. i live in the uk now, and haven't used this site much for the past 12 months or more, but in moments where i find myself a bit bored or wondering what's going on in jw land, i come back here and have a look.

• lola28
    lola28

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit