How did you............

by lola28 29 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

find JWD? I found this website while I was looking for the company that you can get service stuff from, I believed it was the "truth" and was a pioneer at the time, not a pioneer anymore. So how did you get here and what has changed in your life since you found this place?

Lola

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I found the board when I could no longer resist typing in "Jehovah's Witnesses" into Google. At first I came across all the Christian-apologist sites, which were a MAJOR turnoff to me, and then eventually found this board. I went to the "Best Of..." section and spent days reading everything there. Then I made my first post, introducing myself. The rest is history.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I made a search using key words such as ex jw forum, and eventually I found it, it was also known as Simon's board.

• mama1119
    mama1119

A friend who was doing research started on it and turned my family on to it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

An ex jw friend of mine introduced me to it, and allowed me free use of his pc because I didn't have my own.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I found it as a link on the website: http://freeminds.org

• Highlander
    Highlander

I heard them say not to search for JW on the internet, so that's the first thing I did. I remember, when I first found this site, probably around '01 or '02

I read through all the highlights, then kind of forgot about the site until this year, and then I signed up.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I think it was from a link on Fark about the WT suing Quotes for embarassing them.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Waited until reeaallly late at night, crept out of bed, tiptoed to the office, checking behind me all the time. I turned the computer on and quietly googled 'Jehovahs Witnesses'. I knew what I was doing was bad but I DIDN'T CARE! HaHaHaHaHa.
    And then the next day.....I did it again. And again, and again,and again!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Google.

I was already out when I found it.

I had been a regular on The Haven at Guardian Talk.

JWD became my new haven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit