the all knowing god?

by the dreamer dreaming 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    It would be great if everyone realized that all religions are mythological, and the only thing thats real is the experience of divine love and transcendence. There are a lot of LDS Christians who understand this. More so among those who were born into the Church.

whew! Everything was logical up until this. Sorry Miss Mormon, but I suspect the LDS christians do not understand this.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi River. I have gotten close with many people in my Ward. Certainly, my own views are not the majority, by any means. Yet, I've discovered nine people in my own Ward and several more from other Wards who think as I do. We're members of the LDS Church because it's where we have found the reality of God's love, directly from God and indirectlly through people. Most of these people were born into the Church. That was my criteria for choosing a Church, a religion. My Testimony to the Church is now very strong, very strong. Arguments about history and doctrines go right past me. All I care about is the reality of God's Love that I'm experiencing and living. I suppose I could have chosen to be a Unitarian Universalist, and although most of them are very nice people, and their belief are very logical, I never felt God at all in the Unitarian Universalist church.

A river of God's blessings to you River,
    Lisa

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming
    Hi River. I have gotten close with many people in my Ward. Certainly, my own views are not the majority, by any means. Yet, I've discovered nine people in my own Ward and several more from other Wards who think as I do. We're members of the LDS Church because it's where we have found the reality of God's love, directly from God and indirectlly through people. Most of these people were born into the Church. That was my criteria for choosing a Church, a religion. My Testimony to the Church is now very strong, very strong. Arguments about history and doctrines go right past me. All I care about is the reality of God's Love that I'm experiencing and living. I suppose I could have chosen to be a Unitarian Universalist, and although most of them are very nice people, and their belief are very logical, I never felt God at all in the Unitarian Universalist church.

seems like this ties in with my other recent topic aobut LOVE... the love people have for a being they dont even really know to exist...can seem so powerful, so intoxicating, that they forsake everything for it.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Dreamer, do you know me? How about instead of assuming things about me and making snide remarks that you just ask me? I don't bite, usually. I haven't forsaken a thing and if you had analysed the things I have said, you would have concluded: "It's extremely unlikely that Lisa will become a 'true believer' or a fanatic and go join a comet cult." All religions are mythology, that includes the LDS Church.

I am a prisoner of my five senses just as you are Dreamer. Have you considered that? Or do you think your experiences are "objective" ? I have a subjective experience of That which I call "God." I experience unconditional LOVE from this Being. Also a sense of transcendence, of being a part of something greater than myself in both space and time. I chose the LDS Church for a lot of reasons, but the chief reason is that I felt God more strongly from LDS people than at other churches.

When I left the Rub A Dub Dubs, I was bitter, angry, and disillusioned. I could have stayed that way. My therapist pointed out that I was only harming myself by holding on to the bitterness and anger. I was only robbing myself AND GIVING THE GB THE FINAL VICTORY IN MY LIFE by holding on to the disillusionment, anger, bitterness, and fear of being hurt again. I didn't want to lay dying when my time comes and realize that the GB had had the last laugh; they had managed to ruin my life and control me all the way to the grave! They had managed to control me so thoroughly even after I left the Dubs that I had never stepped out and loved and trusted again because the crap they had inflicted on me I had held onto and treasured just like GOLLUM HOLD ONTO THE RING! That ring came to him from an evil source and it ruined him and he desperately wants to be free. yet he clings to it as well.

Same thing Dreamer, same thing. I chose LIfe! I chose GOD! I chose LOVE! I chose FREEDOM to BE and BECOME! The LDS Church is life-affirming. There is no hellfire craziness is Mormonism. God is not a mercurial despot. They encourage everyone to find their talents and pursue them. The world is a basically good place and people are basically good. It works for me. Have I given up anything? Nope. I sure have gained a whole new perspective on life though. I am alive and GLAD to be alive! To be one of God's children!

God loves you too Dreamer. -Lisa

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I chose the LDS Church for a lot of reasons, but the chief reason is that I felt God more strongly from LDS people than at other churches.

Are you sure it wasn't just their anti-perspirant? Or maybe.................their sacred UNDERWEAR!?

Seriously, what you are saying is that you feel that you cannot experience God without the context of an organized religion. Sad. You can take the Elderbarry out of the WTS, but you can't take the WTS out of the Elderbarry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit