DO JWS REGARD MIDDLE EAST CRISIS AS SIGNIFICANT?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• Dansk
    Dansk

They regard ANY crisis as significant!

Ian

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses react knee jerk to anything apocalyptic sounding.In 1980 during the Iranian hostage drama the PO of the Wilmot Flat New Hampshire Kingdom Hall said,"Armageddon must be close the Ayatollah just declared 'death to America'". That PO died of old age recently.

The 1967 war of Israel vs Arab was bigger and the biggest and all time scariest was the Cuban missile crisis everybody JW and worldly was scared shitless.

What may be different this time is that the world's lifeblood of oil supplies could be imperiled,if a gallon of petrol shoots to $6.00 gallon the USA will be in deep shit

• badboy
    badboy

If oil price shots up,I wonder if WT RUNNING COSTS WILL GO UP,MEANING MORE LAY OFFS,MEANING MORE SPECULATION ABOUT ENDTIMES.

I AM GIVING WT MORE IDEAS!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    They regard ANY crisis as significant!

Ian, it doesn't even have to be a crisis. If peace breaks out around the world it will be a fulfillment of 1 Thess' 5:3

*** w78 4/1 p. 4 Peace and Security ***

Peace

and Security

When will it come?

From what source?

What will it mean for mankind?

"[God] is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth. The bow he breaks apart and does cut the spear in pieces; the [war] wagons he burns in the fire."—Ps. 46:9.

COMMENTING on the outlook for 1978, the weekly journal U.S. News & World Report said, in its issue of December 26, 1977, that this should be "A Pivotal Year." The writer went on to say: "Major decisions are to be taken against a backdrop of rising optimism. Troubles? Plenty. But shaping up is a time of peace and prosperity." In these words, the journal echoed the hope of millions that peace with security may be ‘just around the corner.’

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

They regard gays coming out of the closet as significant

• jambon1
    jambon1

When are people going to realise that big events happen around the world and then die down and NOTHING HAPPENS!

As a kid, I was shit scared about the 1st gulf war..............

...................and on, and on, and on...................................................................

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS no longer believes that the literal location of Jerusalem, physical Jews, or Megiddo (Armageddon), have anything to do with Bible prophecy. So I guess not.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

It's all part of their calamity howling composite sign soup.

Dismembered

• parakeet
    parakeet

***It's all part of their calamity howling composite sign soup.***
    Exactly, Dismembered. That's one of the things about JWs that annoys me the most. Everything that happens is a "sign" of something. War in the Middle East or coyotes eating the family pet -- they're all signs of the "end."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit