DO JWS REGARD MIDDLE EAST CRISIS AS SIGNIFICANT?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JWs get excited when any head of state farts.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

parakeet

ROFLMAO Elsewhere Touche!

Dismembered

• FairMind
    FairMind
    The WTS no longer believes that the literal location of Jerusalem, physical Jews, or Megiddo (Armageddon), have anything to do with Bible prophecy. So I guess not

Correct as far as JWs who absolutely follow the party line. Still, some JWs, such as myself, wouldn’t be the least surprised at a literally fulfillment of the Kings of the Earth meeting on the plains of Megiddo to fight (symbolically) against God. Remember, Jesus said that if those days were not cut short then no flesh would be saved (again my interpretation is different then the WTS). If a situation escalated in the Middle East to the point of a nuclear war with all nations being drawn in then I think God would step in. .

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

When you have waited for "the end" for so long, any piece of bad news is seen as sign that Armageddon is just round the corner.
    Many of us here lived through the cold war, a situation that could have resulted in worldwide nuclear destruction.
    The situation in the middle east, whilst serious is not in the same league as the cold war with regard to potential destruction. What has changed is that terrorism (i.e. the random killing of just a few people at specific targets) claims real lives in our countries, unlike the cold war that at the end of the day did not take civilians lives in Europe or the USA.
    Eyeslice

• blondie
    blondie
    Still, some JWs, such as myself, wouldn’t be the least surprised at a literally fulfillment of the Kings of the Earth meeting on the plains of Megiddo to fight (symbolically) against God

Of course, fairmind, I was talking about the WTS official position in writing in its publications. Individual JWs have many "strange" unofficial ideas not supported by the WTS. That's why many stay because they can have both ideas and as long as they don't publicize their own individual one to the wrong people they don't get in "trouble."

Blondie

• unbrainwashed
    unbrainwashed
    If oil price shots up,I wonder if WT RUNNING COSTS WILL GO UP,MEANING MORE LAY OFFS,MEANING MORE SPECULATION ABOUT ENDTIMES.

I have always thought that this would be the catalyst to the end of the WTS which we are looking forward to. They simply can't operate with oil at $6 a gallon. Remember when oil goes up everything else goes up. They would be able to survive if donations were flowing in at a proportionate rate but that's not gonna happen.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    I have always thought that this would be the catalyst to the end of the WTS which we are looking forward to. They simply can't operate with oil at $6 a gallon. Remember when oil goes up everything else goes up.

True, but then high oil prices (reflective of increasing demand verses static or decreasing supply) portend serious consequences in almost every facet of our lives.

Blondie, you are again correct. This forum is an outlet for many of us who have no other place to vent our frustrations with the WTS.

• unbrainwashed
    unbrainwashed
    True, but then high oil prices (reflective of increasing demand verses static or decreasing supply) portend serious consequences in almost every facet of our lives.

That's right. It goes down with everything else. I guess it's not really something to look forward to then.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They tend to see unusual significance in all somewhat extra ordinary world events and they have been doing this for a long time now, always without any success, "could this be the start of armageddon?" but it never is.

They can't stop repeating the same error of judgement.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower Society is about three things:

Biased reporting

False assertions

Denial of personal responsibility for the above two

Any world event that is bad is dovetailed into End Times prophecy.

Any world event that is an improvement in world conditions or crime statistics is ignored.

To be a writer for the Watchtower Magazine is to filter everything you see and hear to remove counter-claims, refutation, contrary evidence and the loving efforts of non-JW's to help their fellowman.

DISHONESTY; thy name is WATCHTOWER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit