Just because we fooled you shouldn't stop you from fooling your kids!

by slimboyfat 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Good call Slim. Unfortunately another generation will likely buy it

• headmath
    headmath

The wts has never supported higher aducation and it never will (as long as it exists)

I guess it will take armagedon to take the WTS down. Then we might get a proper education without having are faces stuffed into a watchtower mag.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm sure there'll be a number of marrionettes that'll follow this "direction", but I doubt many jw parents will do more than pay lip service to it. From what I'm seeing here in the Golden Horseshoe, many jw parents are still in favour of their children choosing some kind of post secondary education. True, its primarily college (mostly the skilled trades or something with business/admin ), but theirs no foul if thats where their interests lie.

• sspo
    sspo

Let's not forget that those that write these books are taken care of and have been taken care of for decades.

No rent or mortgage, no worry about health care,no food bill,no electric bill and all of us out here know what it takes to make ends meet without a decent job.

Many of these brothers on top of that travel all over the world without spending a dime and most of the time coming home with hundreds of dollars due to the brothers donating to them.

Today husband and wife have to work full time just to stay above water and not drown in bills.

Easy for them to tell others not to encourage their kids to go to school

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I'm surprised they even *mention* it. Their standard operating procedure is to deny stuff like that (ie-"We never told you that") rather than explain it away.

Go back and read it again:

'I chose to forgo educational or career possibilities because I felt that the end was very close.

They WTS at no time told the person to not go to college... the person came to the conclusion all on their own with absolutely no influence from the WTS.

Slippery little devils ain't they!

• Genesis
    Genesis

So true SSPO ! They waste so many people life in order to keep their illusion fresh. Dammit Cult Leaders !

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    I personally know a family that saw their parents pioneer in expectation of 1975 and really have nothing to show for it. The children support the parents now and have in turn given their own children huge opportunities with their family business that would have been unthinkable back then.

Shi*, I know like 20 families like this.

I skipped college, thanks to articles in the KM, 2 elders in my hall selling their homes to pioneer. People around me forsook medical treatment because we KNEW the end was coming in '75; it was not like today, with the 'very soon now' BS.

My mother sold her home to pioneer; that was 31 years ago.

I have a nephew who had a vasectomy because why have children so close to the end?? That was in the mid 80's.

What a snotty little article that is. They just can't leave it alone, can they?

That's it; I am back on the offensive now.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi. No one ever put a gun to my head and made me be a JW. I decided to become one. Me. I'm not a "victim." Our society is made up of various Victim Classes. Have you noticed? No one is responsible for their own decisions and actions. Instead, they're victims. This is psychological subterfuge. A way to feel good about yourself in the face of a monumentally stupid decision. It's a face-saving subterfuge.
    Even someone born "in the truth" has to decide to be baptized. There's pressure, but no one beats you up or breaks your arm. I get tired of reading how everyone is a victim. I made a stupid decision and became a Jay Dub. Then I made a smart decision and made myself not a Jay Dub. I really do try to relate to the victim mentality but I just can't.

I did the dumb thing then I did the smart thing! Me.

EB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the quote in the first post ranks among some of the worst statements in the literature of the past decade.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And if children back then had in fact pursued a "satisfied," or comfortable, way of life,
    what would their situation have been in 740 B.C.E.,
    when Samaria fell to the Assyrians? - Hosea 13:16; Zephaniah 1:11, 13.

Jehovah`s Witness`s should not pursue an Education..

Because..

Sameria fell to the Assyrians in 740 BCE..

?..

Another "Stay Stupid" article..

Courtesy of The Morons at the WBT$..

Crazy 1

......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit