Just because we fooled you shouldn't stop you from fooling your kids!

by slimboyfat 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parlay
    parlay

Warlock, that would be an example of the WBTS taking responsibility for their error.

Can anyone recall one instance where they have done that honestly and straight-forwardly?

I sure can't.

• garybuss
    garybuss

In my opinion, it's not just the people who write and publish this stuff that are responsible. Everybody who promotes or supports those who promote the Jehovah's Witnesses is responsible. Everyone except the kids. They're the victims.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I do remember a vague, very weak, apology, if I'm not mistaken, for the "Generation" change.

I will have to look it up when I have time.

Leolaia or Blondie would probably know.

Warlock

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I personally know a family that saw their parents pioneer in expectation of 1975 and really have nothing to show for it. The children support the parents now and have in turn given their own children huge opportunities with their family business that would have been unthinkable back then.

They go on lavish vacations every other month or so.

They buy new cars every year.

They are all elders and servants and pioneers.

Go figure.

-ithinkisee

• parlay
    parlay

Many of us, especially those raised as a JW, took a lot for granted. It was coming to us from those we trusted, our parents.

We were pawns. We had not yet come to know better. I don't fault the ignorant pawns, for I was once one.

• parlay
    parlay

Warlock,

That's my point. Their admissions of guilt are weak and vague. I wouldn't say that

qualifies as a sincere, honest and straightforward apology. This attitude has a trickle down

effect, in that, most in positions of oversight in the congegations act the same way.

• Warlock
    Warlock

And we parents, trusted the ones that told us we would live to see paradise, along with our children.

My kid is also a victim.

Sorry, Parlay, we mislead you. So very sorry.

Warlock

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I do remember a vague, very weak, apology, if I'm not mistaken, for the "Generation" change.

I saeriously doubt it, but any more on that would be really interesting.

There was a miniscule apology in the 1980 (or 1981?) Yearbook about 1975 and in a study article - but nothing on the generation change I don't think.

Which is rather strange when you think about it because:

1. While they may not have been definite about 1975, they were sure as hell dead certain about the 'generation' until 1995.

2. They preached the 'generation' teaching far longer than the 1975 thing, and the rank and file rested a lot of hopes on it.

By rights they should have apologised more for the 'generation', but did not.

Slim

• parlay
    parlay

I learned the hard way that the WT$ doesn't play by the same rules they expouse. For example, every JW knows what the WT$ says should be done if someone our words or actions causes hurt or injury.....apologize, seek forgiveness and seek peace.

w93 11/15 p. 30 Be Quick to Admit a Mistake

An apology is usually appreciated, especially if made quickly. In fact, the sooner we admit a mistake the better. To illustrate: On October 31, 1992, Pope John Paul II admitted that the Inquisition had acted “mistakenly” 360 years ago in punishing Galileo for asserting that the earth is not the center of the universe. Yet, postponing an apology for such a long time tends to diminish its value.

The same is true in personal relationships. A quick apology can heal a wound caused by an unkind word or deed. Jesus urged us not to delay in making peace, saying: “If . . . you are bringing your gift to the altar and you there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away; first make your peace with your brother, and then, when you have come back, offer up your gift.” (Matthew 5:23, 24) Often, restoring peaceful relations simply requires admitting that we handled matters wrongly and asking forgiveness. The longer we wait to do this, the more difficult it becomes.

When has the WT$ ever done followed their own advice? What is it called when someone doesn't practice what they preach??

• FairMind
    FairMind
    In my opinion, it's not just the people who write and publish this stuff that are responsible. Everybody who promotes or supports those who promote the Jehovah's Witnesses is responsible.

Garybuss, you are a "Hanging Judge".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit