Use the Elder's own rules against them......

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's why it's always nice to use the concealed dimension and do things in secret that the dubs will never come to know about and begin causing trouble, after all they have plenty of secrets themselves as individuals and as a society.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi Jeff. My job transferred me out of state seven years ago. I took that as the opportunity to make my break. I didn't tell anyone at the hall. Then I simply moved away with no forwarding address. I know this isn't really what your post is about. I'm sorry. I'm not an elder anyway, thats just an alias for the board.
    EB

• willyloman
    willyloman
    If the Elders smell troubble, then they are going to go straight for it. If not, they won't bother.

Precisely. If they think of you as a "threat" to the congregation, they're obliged to act. Otherwise, it's all gray area and you'll soon be "out of sight, out of mnd."

• gumby
    gumby

I'm not sure of Seekers congregation and the Elder mentality that existed there, but some Elders are not familiar with the fact that they can indeed end up in court, and of the fact that the society will not bail them out if legal matters are pursued and they lose for some reason. I don't know if this was Seekers case or not.

Thought they might win, the society doesn't want the exposer anyway nor a can of worms to open with DFed ones in court battles that could lead to exposer to the media in time if rebel apostates pursued it enough.

It was several months after my letter was written that I heard through the grapevine that I had been announced as no longer one of JWs. Interestinly they NEVER contacted me again. I've never been notified of any action on the part of the congregation. Weird.

I was never contacted again either when I was DFed. Many are not.

What type of notification from your congregation are you talking about you expected to recieve? The society has a policy that "known apostates" are not to be called on by the elders...so if you were seen as one, your elders wouldn't contact you.

I'm only asking because I don't remember reading your story and I don't understand the statements in bold.....but I'd like to if I knew where the link was...(hint

Gumby

• avengers
    avengers
    If you learn of serious wrongdoing on the part of such a
    person, the matter should be investigated if it poses a
    threat to the congregation's cleanness and welfare or causes
    a public scandal .

What about the UN issue? Was that serious wrongdoing or what? Is anyone from the Society investigating it? Or are these "investigators" "under the rug sweepers" since they're professional cleaners?

Andy.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The same EXACT thing happened to me as to Seeker4. They can do whatever the hell they want. There's no "by the book". Most of the time it's just knee-jerk reactions they use to handle cases.

Dismembered

• Scully
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

Gumby,

Go to Blondie's post above and she has all the links there.

If there is a decision to disfellowship, the person is supposed to be allowed 7 days in which to appeal. You can't really appeal unless you know the decision that has been made, can you? The letter I gave to each member of the body of elders made it clear that I was apostate, so perhaps when they sent that on to the Society, they decided to skip notifying me of the df decision and the opportunity to appeal.

PM me if you want more details, but the story is in the links above.One of them should have the full text of the letter I sent to the elders. I think it's also a case where a lot of elders just use whatever rule suits them at the time.

S4

• gumby
    gumby

Mornin Seeker, damn, I thought at your age you wouldn't be up and around till around 10 o'clock.....ya old bastard!

If there is a decision to disfellowship, the person is supposed to be allowed 7 days in which to appeal. You can't really appeal unless you know the decision that has been made, can you?

Now there's a point that could be won in a court of law since the Elders manuels do not make an allowence as to not giving 'apostates' a chance to appeal. They only state ( if I'm not mistaken), that if "reasonable attempts" have been made to notify a publisher that they need to meet with the elders and the publisher will not respond, then to proceed with an announcement if the body has decided to disfellowship/disassociate the publisher. A letter is supposed to be sent to the accused, that way they have a record that they followed their printed guidelines and this they feel exempts them from accusations against them.

Gumby

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I'm curious, does anyone know of a poster on JWD who successfully sued the congregation for being disfellowshipped because the elders didn't follow the societies rules? Has anyone successfully sued the society for being disfellowshipped?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit