Use the Elder's own rules against them......

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The elder's handbook gives specific areas in which tactics might be developed by some to avoid unwanted Disfellowshippings -

The following appears in that manual -

Baptized persons who have not associated for some time .

If you learn of serious wrongdoing on the part of such a

person, the matter should be investigated if it poses a

threat to the congregation's cleanness and welfare or causes

a public scandal .

Consider the following :

Does he still profess to be a Witness?

Is he generally recognized as such in the congregation

and/or the community?

Does the person have a measure of contact or

association with the congregation so that a leavening,

or corrupting, influence exists?

How did the matter become known to the elders?

UNIT 5 (a)

Is the person willing to meet with a committee,

thus admitting accountability to the Christian congregation?

Depending upon length of inactivity and other factors

suggested above, elders may determine to hold the

matter in abeyance .

In such a case, a record of the person's questionable

conduct should be made for the congregation file so

that everything noted might be clarified when the

person shows interest in becoming active again .

If the sinful conduct is known only to believing family

members and no congregation action is taken because

of the factors outlined above, believing relatives will

likely determine to curtail family association severely,

viewing the relative as bad association . (1 Cor. 15 :33)

If the individual still professes to be a Witness and is

willing to meet with the judicial committee, the matter

should be handled in the normal way . However, when

factors such as possible legal action exist, it is best to

consult the Society before proceeding . (w87 9/1 p . 14)

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

However, when

factors such as possible legal action exist, it is best to

consult the Society before proceeding . (w87 9/1 p . 14)

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Lets try this again.

My comment on the above mistake...

Wonder why that would be?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If you are able to stay away long enough to meet criteria #1 - being inactive for a number of years - then it might be possible to build on the rest

• I do not profess to be a witness in the community - nor am I generally viewed as such by them.
    • I do not associate with the congregation - thus how can I be 'leaven' to them?
    • I will not meet with you as you have no authority in my life.
    • If you persist in attacking my good name and character, I will have no alternative but to protect my reputation legally in court.

We have the inside understanding of how they operate. Meet the guidelines and they will be obligated to leave many alone.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Although that is true, in the case of Seeker4, they didn't care and DF'd him anyway.

The thing about elders, they get to pick and choose what rules they follow.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/88660/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/89163/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/89771/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/90669/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/91672/1.ashx

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Blondie - you are so right. I do not assert this to be fool proof. I know many have had the experiences you mention and cite here. But in some cases one might get away with playing them by thier own rules. That's what I mean. Not that it is guaranteed to work - but it might be worth a try at times.

Particularly in the case of elders who feel a particular need to 'go by the book' - one pointing out what the book says might work.

Jeff

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Trust me, I know from personal experience with that book and that subject in particular. The Elders make the decision as to whether you are a danger. The fact that it has come to thier attention that there maybe wrongdoing is usually enough to show you have a possible "leavening" effect on the congregation. You're outta there!

W.Once

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In such a case, a record of the person's questionable conduct should be made for the congregation file so that everything noted might be clarified when the person shows interest in becoming active again .

Presumptuous, aren't they?

They can't face the reality that most people just don't show an interest in returning to them ever again.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Blondie, you are amazing! I was thinking this poster should read my experience, only to find you'd already posted it. Wow.

It still might work for some, and it's worth giving it a try. Feel free to use any of my info with your local elders. In my case, I was told that because I'd been such a well-known elder in the New England area, they couldn't let it go.

It was several months after my letter was written that I heard through the grapevine that I had been announced as no longer one of JWs. Interestinly they NEVER contacted me again. I've never been notified of any action on the part of the congregation. Weird.

Thanks.
    S4

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The truth is that the Elders are going to do what they want. The trick is to not let them know there is anything they want.
    Once I opened my mouth to an Elder about having doubts I really feel there is no turning back. I knew this going in. The reason I did this was because I was still trying show my wife the problems with the WTS. I figured the Elderes would act stupid and she would start to see how stupid everything was. Well, one local needs on apostacy later she was convinced!
    If the Elders smell troubble, then they are going to go straight for it. If not, they won't bother. Just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit