Letter from the WTBTS

by sammielee24 29 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    It will likely take three to six months for a reply.

Won't Armageddon be here by then?

But, then again, if Armageddon came during that time, I guess you wouldn't need an answer, huh?

• blondie
    blondie

Wow, dismembered!

km 3/04 p. 3 Announcements ***

The secretary should see that the Regional Building Committee is kept up-to-date on the status of all baptized publishers who have submitted Kingdom Hall Volunteer Worker Questionnaire (S-82) forms. When there are adjustments in a volunteer’s status, such as when one moves or is appointed as a ministerial servant or an elder, new forms should be filled out promptly and submitted. If a volunteer’s mailing address or telephone number changes or if he is no longer in good standing in the congregation, the elders should immediately inform the Regional Building Committee by letter. The completed S-82 forms in the congregation file should be made available for the circuit overseer’s review when he visits the congregation.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Their record keeping is atrocious. The same as them.

Dismembered

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

You must know that it is the WTB&TS way .............or it is the highway! Follow and worship them and some "ORG" or you will perish. LOL

• carla
    carla

You mean they actually respond to letters?!! No kidding? Geesh! I've been waiting a couple years for a response. Not holding my breath! My jw says I didn't ask the right questions and probably had a bad attitude. Ya think?

• FairMind
    FairMind

I've written two letters to the WTS and received responses in about eight weeks time on both. Maybe it depends on the subject of your letter, mine were about loss of privileges without an explanation from elders and about circumstances resulting from a divorce.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Be prepared for a visit from the elders.

Hi Blondie - yes, that was what I was (kind of) expecting but I'm not going to warp out over it. The 2 letters I sent were just some simple requests for them to clarify first - the directive on shunning and a list of what they consider to be allowable family business. I also asked them clarify Cano's response to the directed/appointed/annointed question. I also asked them to do this without scripture and not to engage in theocratic warfare or 'lying' as I think it's most commonly called. What I want without the double speak is just a list of the do's and don'ts without any fanfare. I also let them know that these are letters and information that I will be sharing with JW's who are active.....of course I'm mightily confused by all the 'truth's' I've come across in the organization. If Russel was the chosen one and he had the truth - but then Rutherford came along and he had a better truth - and the truth has been changed and rewritten over the past hundred years into today's truth - well - I'm confused as to who was really chosen and who had the real truth in the first place. There is no new light - the bible has never changed and to say that the organization is nothing more than bible students presents a problem for me. Students are learning - and learning is encouraged but if a student is not allowed to learn the bible but only directed to study the Watchtower, they aren't bible students. Sigh....so many questions - so much paper and I certainly don't want to stumble and JW's in their faith but it all boils down to the Society and their response. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Oh..and I forgot..if they don't answer..I still hand over the copies of all of my letters to those very loyal, very zealous JW's that I do talk to and I let them know why I think I didn't get a response. These are people who have never, ever questioned the WTBTS in anything so when I was asked to let them read the letters of response from the Society, I said I would be happy to oblige. Of course - in sending the response, it is necessary to send them my own letters - and I'm very certain there is information in those that these people have never heard before. Given the content, I fully expect the Society to just toss the letters away but we'll see. The first thing I was ever told by a JW when they were witnessing to me and comparing themselves to 'other' religions..was that there is no such thing as blind faith..there's was a faith supported in all ways only by the bible. The policies enacted by the Society can only be followed if one has blind faith because there is no basis for even the start of the religion and its 607 origins...sammieswife.

• gymbob
    gymbob

It depends on what you asked them and how comfortable they are with thier own reply. What would happen to them if they just don't answer your letter? If the answer to that is "nothing", that's what you'll probably be getting in the mail from them..... :)

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

When I was studying I sent a letter asking for there official position on child abuse and spousal abuse. They sent two elders to my house to tell me that if a women can't prove she is abused then they will tell her to return to her husband. Thank God they sent the wolf to my door. Never went to a meeting again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit