Letter from the WTBTS

by sammielee24 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Can anyone tell me how long I might have to wait - in general - for a letter from the Watchtower? I sent them 2 different letters in regards to some questions that I have and I just want an idea of how long to wait until I send a follow up. In actual fact I'm not even expecting them to respond but how long do I give them? sammieswife.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It will likely take three to six months for a reply.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    It will likely take three to six months for a reply.

WT......$#$%^.....you've got to be kidding! Guess my follow up with be before I get their letter then because I don't want to drop it - I want to send their answers along with copies of my letters to some die-hard, fanatical lifers I know. They are interested in reading the responses so I am more than happy to oblige sammieswife...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    WT......$#$%^.....you've got to be kidding!

Behold! The incredible efficiency of Jehover's Organization.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Behold! The incredible efficiency of Jehover's Organization.

However, I bet that if you sent them a sizeable donation cheque, it would be cashed before the envelope hit the bottom of the trash can.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I'm waiting almost two years from my first letter. I'm not holding my breath.

My suggestion is to send it registered. That way they cannot say they never received it. You have proof of their receiving it and the response seems to come more quickly.

• blondie
    blondie

Be prepared for a visit from the elders. The WTS will copy the local elder body with a copy of your letter, their reply to you, and a letter to the elders.

Also be prepared to get a form letter if your question wasn't too controversial.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I hope letters work better than in person. I asked two elders 10 questions and after 9 years they still hadn't gotten back to me, I called and asked how they were doing.
    The elder I called laughed. I assume that meant he was working on them. Now it's been 22 years. Still waiting.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Good thing none of the 10 were important, eh?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey 6 months is not bad.

My GF whose husband was having an affair w/ a girl at work (but we could not prove it because we did not have to witnesses to the act itself ... however, he would spend the nights at the chicks house) wrote the society because initially her loser now ex filed the divorce papers but then walked away from the proceeding all the while stealing her identity and racking up major credit debt in her name. She went to the elders to say she needed to finish the divorce because he was ruining her credit and since he was technically her husband he could continue to use joint accounts and drain them, she needed a court order. The elders said if she followed thru w/ the divorce she could run the risk of being DF'd, even though they knew their history. So she wrote the society to ask them their position ......

Fast forward two years.

She is no longer a JW and is engaged to a really nice non-JW guy. The elders get in touch w/ her parents and say the society tried to mail a response to her letter but it returned as no longer at that address and they would like her new address. Thankfully her parents said no, just send it to us and we will get it to her. Do you know what took them two years to say. "Trust in Jah and be patient". "Listen to your elders, they are NOW ACTING AS YOUR SPIRITUAL HEAD."

Personally I would never write the society anything not even a DA ltr. They don't deserve any more of my time or energy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit