Are you happier out of the org?

by dobbie 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• jambon1
    jambon1

Most JW`s I know are the most down, depressing, miserable people I know.

I realised after associating with worldly people for my last stretch in the truth, that they were all so content, care-free, generally happy. They had problems, but who does`nt?

After leaving, I felt liberated in mind and spirit. My years of over drinking stopped, my general state of mind improved and I began to breath & live.

I will never return, ever.

• mama1119
    mama1119

SO MUCH HAPPIER!!!!!!!!!! Not so much guilt on my mind constantly. Not to mention how HAPPY I am I found all this out before I raised my daughter up in it!!!!!!

• Sheri
    Sheri

Yes, I have a great love for all mankind and peace of mind. Absolute and Pivotal point of happiness when I let go of the truth.

I have a more spirituality and feeling of peace than I did in all of the 26 years in the truth.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• Twitch
    Twitch

rhetorical, right?
    ;-)

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Oh yes so very happy!

It took me nearly a decade to find myself, to find that place of peace and happiness. Now I am living every secret dream I ever cherished.

It takes time but stay true to yourself, be a friend to new people that come into your life. Set some standards for yourself and the new people you befriend. For example don't accept abusive relationships where you do all the giving and they do all the taking. Seems to be a pitfall some of us fell into. That is a happiness crusher.

We served an abusive conditional god as a JW, then some of us got intangled in abusive conditional relationships. I had to learn to guard my heart and set some pretty strict standards to achieve a deep peace and happiness.

I think many of us buried our true selves under a Watchtower magazine. Our hopes and dreams were crushed under "you can'ts", now is the time to fly high knowing we CAN. There is a tomorrow. Love~Happy Kate

• Gregor
    Gregor

I felt the "lightness of being" almost immediately, in spite of a huge price to pay in family and friends. I like jgnats analogy of being confined in a stifling environment through mind manipulation. After being an elder for many years and setting on a lot of JC cases it was clear to me that there were more unhappy, troubled people inside the org. than outside as a percentage of population.

One thing though - I was a "jumper" not a "fader". I feel this makes a huge difference in experiencing that first breath of cool, sweet air.

I was thinking about the movie "The Village". A lot of elements remind me of the JW 'village'. Being kept in through fear and intimidation.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Happy? My sentiments are a bit like those of cyberdine (on the Matrix)

and as Lilly stated:

"You know its kind of like being in a coma for a long time, for me 12 years, and suddenly awakening and realizing your life stood still for those years while everyone around you kept on living. You have to almost make up for lost time. This may mean you have to make decisions about family, employment, education and religion all over again."

I was in a coma for way too long.That realization does not make me happy at all.

But I learnt the same lesson as Sherri about humanity - very humbling it is...

• Berean
    Berean

Hi Dobbie,

You asked "Hi everyone i was just wondering if those of you that have left the org for whatever reason, have found your'e much happier than when you were in it?"

I am off all my anti-depressants since I got out of the “Godless Corporation of Jehovah’s Witnesses”(aka: Satanic Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses) and no longer feel like ending my life. Does that answer your question?

Berean (never going back to Satan’s worshipers)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Most certainly.

Without going into the detail of my life (my many posts have touched on why I am happy). I have to say that I am happier than ever.

And with all honesty, the one thing that could make me even happier is having someone to love, and who loves me and share the rest of my life with......the ups and downs, the good and the bad. At my age, things will probably start changing and it would be the same for my partner. If I had someone with the same mind set and circumstances as me, I would be steadfast and at her side, loving her until our end.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit