Finally downloaded the application for America's Next Top Model. :)

by stillAwitness 31 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

But I'm a huge fan of the show. I've watched every episode. So good luck to ya! Maybe we'll see you on there!

You said you do runway shows, do you already belong to an angency? Or were those just the 'open call' sort of things?

Oh and one more thing.... you said that you wanted avoid being df'd or da'd at all costs. Don't you think that being on that show and having to do the nudie photos, and sexy bedroom photo shoots with the boys going to get you df'd? Oh and then everyone would find out that you live your boyfriend.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah
    and teaching myself how to cook (still mastering the art of not burning french fries)

Now I am really jealous. You are a model and you can eat french fries. That is just so not fair.

Congratulations on the download. I hope you make it.

Loruhamah

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Stilla wrote: Although they don't take males, you sly dog you.

What! They don't take men???!!! OK, that's why I've only seen women on that show! Next they'll be turning me down because I'm in my 50s. Life can be so cruel some times.

Maybe modeling shouldn't be on the top of my career-change list right now. Or maybe I should try for the AARP mag ads.

Stilla also wrote: I look nothin like Naomi but I do have the legs, skin tone and smile :)

That's probably quite enough. My girl (beside me in the photo) has got it all too, plus she has these incredibly toned and muscular, arms, shoulders and legs, which I find sexy beyond words. Man, it's so nice that you girls are willing to share all your riches.

S4

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Go for it!
    Good luck!
    :D

• Spectre
    Spectre

Good Luck!!! Is it a show that the viewers have to call in and vote?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's you in the avatar!?!? Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

SIrNose, thats not stillA. It's naomi campbell.

• LDH
    LDH

hi there.

Make sure to make your appliation stand out. Talk about your recent escape from a mind-numbing cult, LOL.

Glad you are doing well after 5 days of sin.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Glad you are doing well after 5 days of sin.

5 days of sin does a body good!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Honest opinion here.... I don't think anyone on ANTM has been model material. ANTM is for girls who don't have the looks or the motivation to make it on thier own. Plus, every girl that has won, hasn't really made it any further then the prize contracts. Except for the girl who is a reality TV star now. You know, the one marrying the brady bunch guy! But I'm a huge fan of the show. I've watched every episode. So good luck to ya! Maybe we'll see you on there! You said you do runway shows, do you already belong to an angency? Or were those just the 'open call' sort of things? Oh and one more thing.... you said that you wanted avoid being df'd or da'd at all costs. Don't you think that being on that show and having to do the nudie photos, and sexy bedroom photo shoots with the boys going to get you df'd? Oh and then everyone would find out that you live your boyfriend.

You are right about that one. ANTM is a reality show so 50% of the things they potray are not so accurate about the modeling world ( a bunch of 20 somethings just starting out in high fashion modeling? Its unheard of in the real modeling world. Most models start out at 16 and there careers are over by then unless they become household names) But the show is a huge stepping stone especially when you are someone like me: 22 and only 5"8 which according to the modeling world limits me to commercial work. But ANTM (if you play your cards right on the show) will get you noticed. Not all the girls get to do huge things (most of the winners are made stars for about a few weeks then when the hype dies down there are castings just like anyone else) but there are a few who got signed to good agencies. I was with an agency a year ago...long story but I'm not with them anymore. You are right about being on a show like that being a risk to me being D'F. That is one of the main reasons I never applied. But now that I am sitting here wondering what the hell I am going to do the rest of my life..I mind's a well start somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit