Finally downloaded the application for America's Next Top Model. :)

by stillAwitness 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Well, I been "living in sin" for about 5 days now and aside from an elder asking if I was gonna still do a talk I was scheduled for this past Monday (I told him no of course. He knows I moved out and only asked about my literature) I finally worked the nerve to download the application for this season's America's Next Top Model. I've been modeling for some time now and I figured what the hell...I have nothing to lose but $3.95 in postage.

Its about 14 pages on every question imaginable including a 3 page contract that must be signed. Its silly for me to think I have a shot (the rumor is that at least 10,000 girls apply ever season for a spot on the show)

But what the hell right? Jayla, the self-proclaimed Jehovah's Witness from 2 seasons ago was on the show http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/top_model5/images/models/bio_pic_jayla.jpg so if she can do it so can I! Besides, I've been ridiculously bored since moving out and my bf doesn't even own a TV so I spend my days watching his rooster (yes, a rooster in the middle of downtown Atlanta-only my weird boyfriend would) and teaching myself how to cook (still mastering the art of not burning french fries)

Wish me luck guys!

StillA

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Good luck! Sounds both fun and exciting - have fun with anything you do! sammieswife.

• unbrainwashed
    unbrainwashed
    so I spend my days watching his rooster

I'm sure he doesn't mind...

good luck.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Do you really think Tyra Banks is going to want to spend several weeks around a Naomi Campbell lookalike?

But seriously, if you've got the looks, then there's no reason you shouldn't go for it. And if you do get in, can you imagine how much that'll drive your family and former fair weather friends nuts??? Especially those who "don't watch the show because of its worldliness" and report you to the elders? Classic!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good luck! If you're avatar is any indication, you will do well. Such a lucky boyfriend, AND his rooster!

Just one little problem. I sent for my application weeks ago, and haven't heard a thing. Do you think it might be lost in the mail???!!

S4

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

All the best with the application.

I found this great photo of Naomi, with Crooklyn scribbled in the corner, very appropriate for an ex JW.

• serendipity
    serendipity

go for it stilla!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Seeker: just one little problem. I sent for my application weeks ago, and haven't heard a thing. Do you think it might be lost in the mail???! hee hee, perhaps seeker. Although they don't take males, you sly dog you

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

But seriously, if you've got the looks, then there's no reason you shouldn't go for it. And if you do get in, can you imagine how much that'll drive your family and former fair weather friends nuts??? I bet! I don't know if I would broadcast that fact that I was a witness. Don't know if I'd want to talk about that on TV. It would hurt my mom about the things i would say. I look nothin like Naomi but I do have the legs, skin tone and smile :)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sounds like a great move as you start creating your life.

Really, what have you got to lose with applying?? Sounds like a fun experience...!

Best of luck!!!!

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit