"So Alone"

by scout575 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see. From this testimonial you have concluded that all churches are unloving. My experience was quite different. I understand your anger, but I fail to see your logic.

My father was sexually assaulted by his choir director when he was a school child. He'll have nothing to do with God and he refuses to attend church. I don't blame him for his reaction, nor would I force that choice on him. Dad has a fine sense for hypocricy, won't tolerate it. I like to think I've inherited that trait from him.

As a teen mom and battered wife, I called a Christian counselling line for support. They helped me get the courage to leave an abusive husband and to rebuild my life. I attended that same church for twenty years. I will be forever grateful for their kindness, and I will not deny their help. I won't tolerate abuse any more, either, though. Am I the dupe for accepting the love and help from a church?

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I agree with the others, you need to get out and keep yourself busy so as not to dwell on what has happened.

Mike your pictures are so awsome and really bring peace to my soul, please keep posting and sharing them.

• Robdar
    Robdar

88F in London today

Hey Jeff, since the average temperature for July is around 70 degrees, 88 feels very warm. Many English do not have air conditioners. I am pretty sure that they are sweating their arses off.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

What is the point of this thread? Anyone can pluck an example such as you posted and try and prove that 'church is a bad place'. Arguably there are more lonely, isolated people outside of churches than in them. If you don't want to attend a new church then join some club, or do some voluntary work, whatever - Just realise you will find outside of church just as many people that will abandon you in times of personal trouble than in church.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'd like to see a specific name, and cultural localities, of these "churches" that you continuously warn jehovahs witnesses about - your continual inclusion of all 'christian churches' seems a polarised sentiment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit