Are you grateful you're out?

by bluesapphire 25 Replies latest jw friends

• In Between
    In Between

While I agree with some of what Bikerchic had posted, I'll tell you from experience that if you are divided spiritually, you will be divided in every aspect of your relationship, especially if one is a jw. Sounds like he might need some counseling to release his inner hatred toward the faith.

I know it's hard, but right now you need to concentrate on you and your young ones. They will need you now more than ever. If you have been together for 10 years, nothing new is going to happen. You have to decide what is best for you. Leaving a spouse because of the faith is hard, but trust me, in the end you'll be better off and you’ll have an inner peace without him in the picture.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I love being out. It has been 6 months and still every day I wake up and smile at how happy I am to now be truly alive. What makes the difference is that I have replaced to WTS. I have a number of fantastice non JW friends and former JW friends to support me and too many interests to ever have enough time to fret about the WTS.

I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. Can you help him build a new life and find new friends? I know it is not your job to have to do that, but would it help the marriage.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Your spouse sounds lonely and confused.
    You sound frustrated and hurt.
    I feel for you both.

"BE the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Blue! It's great to see you posting again!!

Yes, I'm absolutely DELIGHTED that I'm out!! You'll know my story by now, so no need to reiterate.

Your husband is obviously going through something like a mid-life crisis. He misses his family. It must be hard for him.

However, if my wife wasn't welcome anywhere I'd deem it that I wasn't welcome, either! No way would I put friends/family before my wife!!

Ian

• vitty
    vitty

He is obviously missing his family, thats not weakness, although his blaming you is. But maybe he feels he cant get support from you, if you worked as a team together both relying on each other, he wouldnt need his family. Maybe hes turning to be with them cos he cant turn to you.

I dont know only going off the little bits youve said.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I doubt it that uncommon to have a resentfull attitude about failed fantasy.

Many prefer to live in that fog of lies and deciet. Just look how many thousands of us have tried to convince others whom we love to get out of the religion - only to have them hate us for such.

Alice in Wonderland - the Wizard of Oz. Many wish to reside there.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit