Role Reversals For Us

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've had the opportunity to ignore or "shun", if you will, Jehovah's Witnesses that I know if I haven't felt like talking to them. Twice recently, I saw a JW----one an elder I "served" with and another ex-elder and I looked at them and pretended that they didn't exist......It was kinda fun.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Good idea. A bit of their own medicine in return.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I shun them all the time when I see them at a local plaza. A couple of them have come up to me to try to talk and I just ignore them and continue on with my business.

I didn't like most of them when I was a member of their cult. Why would I want to talk to them now?

W

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I'm with Garybuss. They donot meet the MINIMUM standards of decency to have association with me. They can kiss my ass!

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Dis, YOU know how to get under their skin.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't shun them. My reason is this: some xjws or df'd people make it easy for them to shun by not speaking to them. I prefer to make them deliberately shun me by saying hello. Most JWs aren't totally comfortable with shunning because it's such bad manners (or other reasons,) so I'd rather extend that discomfort by saying hi. Besides, some of them might actually talk to you if you talk first (once they look around to see who is watching, ROTFL!)

• minimus
    minimus

If I were disfellowshipped, I'd probably look for ways to embarrass JWs publicly by gushingly saying hello in front of others. Just to see if they'd have the balls to ignore me.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

You know what`s really strange is I live in the area where I grew up as a JW, but it`s such a coastal tourist type area with people moving in and out all the time I don`t see anyone I would, (or they would) recognize anymore, thank goodness. Just don`t cross paths with any, I`m so lucky!

• JH
    JH

I guess there are 2 ways of looking at this.

A) You shun them back and it feels good

B) You try to be friendly to them and let them look stupid trying to avoid you

• minimus
    minimus

JH, you're right. I'd prefer to be in control----no matter what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit