Brooklyn Says they Need 40,000 qualified Brotheres

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The three congregations I used to be in had brothers who were hard working, intelligent men but they were never given any responsibility in the congregations. I suspect it was because they were not "yes men" or asskissers. These were men who occasionally made their opinions known to elders, especially regarding wasteful use of congregation funds when renovation projects were being planned.

In my last congregation the only brothers that were being "used" and "making advancement" were three guys who had obvious mental limitations. The rest sat on their hands.

Finally Free:

Oh oh oh let me guess names of the challenged ones LOL ... You forgot having a daddy who is PO or who is a well positioned elder doesn't hurt either.

Uzzah

Oh and LDH - Re; peeing into KFC containers ... TMI hun. TMI But always remember it is far better to be pissed off than to be pissed on! ;)

• under_believer
    under_believer

In the congregation I attend, every meeting, there are three elders passing microphones. The only new elder the hall has had in 5 years is one of the elder's sons. He is barely qualified to speak or teach. If those aren't signs that they're hard up for volunteers I don't know what is.

• LDH
    LDH
    Oh and LDH - Re; peeing into KFC containers ... TMI hun. TMI But always remember it is far better to be pissed off than to be pissed on! ;)

LOL, I was 6!!!! Uzzah.....

• garybuss
    garybuss

Name one thing the men do that the women can't . . . besides possibly pissing on the bathroom wall. Me thinks women would make better elders and better everything than men . . . certainly equal. If the Society is having staff shortages it's because they are saying NO to their best people.

• rekless
    rekless

Gary you're right, but they can't stand and pee; therefore, Unquailfied! Now if they practise standing and peeing and accomplish that then certainly they can be quailified to be an elder but not before. If you don't beleive me ask LDH, she is peeing in KFC box and started from the age of six.

• LDH
    LDH
    If you don't beleive me ask LDH, she is peeing in KFC box and started from the age of six.

Mwah ha ha

• apfergus
    apfergus

I don't know why they don't just say that they recieved some "new light" and that Armagedon has been scheduled for 20XX so everyone get your ass in gear and preach. I mean, they've been wrong every other time they've predicted The End and some people have left, but there's never been enough hurt to bring down the Watchtower (unfortunately).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes just imagine women on a shepherding call.

First of all the shepherding would get done.

Second women would enjoy doing it

Third they would be geniunely empathetic and sympathetic.

So infinitely better.

Back to my favorite topic - anti-Islam . It is why it is a deficient religion women dont mean anything

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

stillajwexelder - so true.
    Often at elders meetings I would comment on certain sisters and say "if they were men, they would be elders". The old crones just never got the point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit