Brooklyn Says they Need 40,000 qualified Brotheres

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I just mentioned this in another post but thought I would start a new thread about it. My wife reminded me a few days ago that the Bethel speaker at our convention stated that "the organization is in need of more than 40,000 qualified brothers to take the lead". This basically means that Brooklyn is saying that every congregation in the world is down 1 - 1.5 qualified brothers(?) or someting of the sort.
    Just another little sign that people just arn't giving them what they used to. What is the need going to be like in 10-15 years?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Drew-

Thanks for the great news! Now I know what to do with my life if I should have another severe breakdown...

• kid-A
    kid-A

Of course its only "brothers" they need!!!

Perhaps the morons would be in less dire straits if they stopped treating their women like "Stepford Wives" and actually allowed them to be active participants in their power structure.

However, given that they adhere to the archaic and primordial teachings of a nomadic tribe of desert dwellers written 2000 years ago, this evolution is unlikely to happen.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yeah, but just how do they define "qualified"?

The three congregations I used to be in had brothers who were hard working, intelligent men but they were never given any responsibility in the congregations. I suspect it was because they were not "yes men" or asskissers. These were men who occasionally made their opinions known to elders, especially regarding wasteful use of congregation funds when renovation projects were being planned.

In my last congregation the only brothers that were being "used" and "making advancement" were three guys who had obvious mental limitations. The rest sat on their hands.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well at nearly 100,000 congos world wide that is 1/2 a brother on average per congo - but probably means the devloped world so 1 brother per congo. Elders are getting burned out but the positive spin will be to cope with "growth" (we know virtually non-existent). Also to really spearhead the work as we are so close to the end

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    well at nearly 100,000 congos world wide

I thought there was only around 40,000 congregations world wide. Does anybody know the official number?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...the organization is in need of more than 40,000 qualified brothers to take the lead..."

You say that this was said by a fella from 'Bethel'? They are just trying to ease the negativity of the Bethel layoffs - and put a positive spin on things.

The number 40,000 was most likely just pulled out of thin air to make things look better - in that they were only laying off a lot less from Bethel.

The 'lower-downs' (as opposed to the 'higher-ups'), will see it as a 'blessing' that the folks in New York think so highly of them as to send them folks straight from Bethel to help out in this 40,000 deficit.

aka 'Damage Control'

Regards,

Jim TX

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yeah, but just how do they define "qualified"?

Brain dead, spineless drones.

• blondie
    blondie

Many congregations have as many ex-elders as elders and little will budge the ex-elders to "reach out" again. Part of the allure is to not let brothers know what really happens on elder bodies. As one new elder was told "if we told brothers that, no one would want to be an elder."

The last CO through here told the elders that 25% of the elders stepped down every year. That few brothers qualified to be MS let alone elders; and even fewer males were coming into the organization or young JWs staying after they reached 18. You reap what you sow.

Blondie

• juni
    juni
    The three congregations I used to be in had brothers who were hard working, intelligent men but they were never given any responsibility in the congregations. I suspect it was because they were not "yes men" or asskissers. These were men who occasionally made their opinions known to elders, especially regarding wasteful use of congregation funds when renovation projects were being planned

Such a true statement!! You hit the nail on the head w/this statement.

KidA - They don't use women because women wouldn't be butt kissers. Notice how the mighty army of women can get f. service arrangements for territory decided in a fraction of the time it takes the brothers? All due respect to you guys, but women usually are more organized and can multi-task more efficiently.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit