Brooklyn Says they Need 40,000 qualified Brotheres

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    Many congregations have as many ex-elders as elders and little will budge the ex-elders to "reach out" again.

Very, very true. Once the allure is gone, the attraction is gone. You couldn't budge most ex-elders back to that mess with a bulldozer. They already know the deal.

On my way out I saw so many bros. reaching for that dangling carrot and I just shook my head. Contrary to what a lot of JWs and even X-JWs think, I found the job draining and confining. I found out much more than I ever wanted to know about a lot of people -- esp other elders and COs. It is a lot more political/corporate than a lot of JWs realize.

Axel

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    It is a lot more political/corporate than a lot of JWs realize

And that's what their goal is. Many publishers will walk around thinking that their own organization has these ideals and priciples about 'who's in charge' that is so much better than every other religion. They say stuff like 'we don't have anbody in charge, we are all brothers and work for each other' or 'we don't give people titles'.
    One time I heard a naive Bible study say once he was asked who was 'in charge' at the Kingdom Hall. His reply?
    God

• sf
    sf

Venice used to love this song in reference to the GB, especially JARACZ. This one is for you babe. TED, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION:

Styx - Renegade Lyrics

(Tommy Shaw)
    Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
    Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
    The jig is up, the news is out They finally found me
    The renegade who had it made
    Retrieved for a bounty
    Never more to go astray
    This'll be the end today
    Of the wanted man

Oh Mama, I've been years on the lam and had a high price on my head
    Lawman said 'Get him dead or alive' and it's for sure he'll see me dead
    Dear Mama I can hear you cryin', you're so scared and all alone
    Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long
    The jig is up, the news is out
    They finally found me
    Retrieved for a bounty
    Never more to go astray
    The judge'll have revenge today On the wanted man

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
    Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home

The jig is up, the news is out
    They finally found me
    Retrieved for a bounty
    Never more to go astray
    This'll be the end today
    Of the wanted man
    Yeah, but just how do they define "qualified"?

I would imagine that being an ass kissing, brainwashed true believing automaton, would be a good start. Then you could add in a little holier-than-thou, and a big nose for them to look down at you with.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

qualified menas must do a minimum of 10 hours a month on the ministry before anything else is even considered

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yeah, but just how do they define "qualified"?
    I would imagine that being an ass kissing, brainwashed true believing automaton, would be a good start. Then you could add in a little holier-than-thou, and a big nose for them to look down at you with.

It also helps if a guy has tassels on his shoes, a voice like 1960's cartoon character, and his own window cleaning route. Oh yeah, and vertebrates need not apply. W

• LDH
    LDH
    qualified brothers

The only qualification is that you piss standing.

Everything else can be and (frequently) is faked.

• rekless
    rekless

Hi Lisa, Is there a little penis envey in your tone? hahahahahLOL. Anyway if you practiced, and are diligent in your pursuit to pee standing you too could pee standing up. I practiced sitting and peeing and I learned how. hahah, yark, yark.

• LDH
    LDH
    Is there a little penis envey in your tone? hahahahahLOL.

Rek

I am not too proud to admit that peeing is not one of my better skillz....LOL....I think I was traumatised when I was 6. We were moving and my parents told us kids to stay outside and play.....I had to pee.....my older sister told me not to go inside or I would get in trouble....but hey, here is a Kentucky Fried Chicken box, just pee in there!!!!

Well long story short after being cajoled and threatened, LOL, I attempted to pee while standing and it ran down my leg....From then on I vowed to squat. LOL.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I can understand where they are coming from. I am from the old school (in my mid 50's) belonging to the generation who thought the mid 70's would bring the big A. We were at that time very enthusiastic for the 'truth'.
    However, since that time there has certainly been a dropping off of the zeal we had.As a result, very few young men left in the congregations appear to have the same drive as we had back then. When I was an elder I was disappointed not to see young ones reaching out as we did.
    Is it the beginning of the end? Perhaps not but it is a sign of continuing weakness.
    Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit