Will there be a time when NO ONE will be able to become a JW anymore?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree
    it will be too late to join, the doors will be closed.

If they have no new members then that means they would have preached to everyone and that would mean the" end was here"...so no Plus they need money...if they don't go out in service and convert people or place propaganda who's going to voluntarily donate? $$$$$

• anewme
    anewme

OMG! I just got back online and read Gregor's and LDH's posts! Oh I am waaaaaaay tooooooo seeeeerious!!!!
    If only I could see the humor in all of this like you guys do!!!
    Honest to God!!!!!

Thankyou!!!

I need a humor pill, I really do.

You know, a couple of posts like that and I am back on my feet! I really am!

exjwcomedy.com

Ok, whose got another one? Toss one to me people!!!!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Sure, that is what THEY would like you to think. One of the features of the control that the Society has over the rank and file is the fear of being cast outside of the congregation. The idea that a time might come when people are barred from the congregation because it is "too late" backs up this idea.
    Eyeslice

• ferret
    ferret

If they shut the door there will be no more need to sell magazines and books then where will their money come from.

• kazar
    kazar

Fear of being outside the organization when Armageddon would come has always terrified me. Still does, even knowing that I do not want to survive with the Witnesses if that's the only way to do it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"Fear of being outside the organization when Armageddon would come has always terrified me. Still does, even knowing that I do not want to survive with the Witnesses if that's the only way to do it... " Kazar I see comments like this every so often. It is unfortunate that so many have left the org. because, on an intellectual level, they know it is false, bogus, counterfeit, untrue, and is exploiting its adherents. At the same time they have been scarred so deeply by the WTS theme of destruction at Armageddon if you are not in the "ARK " of the WTS that they are still fearful that, somehow, in spite of being intelligent people, they have a lingering fear that they were wrong. It's a shame. I wish I could say something to assure you that Armageddon is a huge scam. It is no more going to happen than Tinkerbell sprinkling you with pixie dust so you can jump out your window and fly over the city. Try to think of Armageddon as the WTS version of eternal torment in a fiery hell.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

You know, LDH has inspired me...she/he really has!

The next time the JWs knock on my door, trying to push the latest issues of Awake! and The Watchtower, I'll say, "Sorry, I don't have money..but would you be willing take some used butt plugs in lieu of payment?"

(For the record, no, I don't have any butt plugs and I would never used them...but, I would love the see the looks on the dubs' faces as I tell them that....)

• barry
    barry

This sounds like the Adventist doctrine of the'Shut Door'. After the great dissapointement of 1844 when Jesus didnt come the few that were left in the Millerite movement decided that probation had closed for the rest of the world and no one but them could be saved. They held to this for a few years and then it was dropped. Of course no Adventist holds to that doctrine these days.

• LDH
    LDH
    "Sorry, I don't have money..but would you be willing take some used butt plugs in lieu of payment?"

THAT'S the spirit!

Answer stupidity for stupidity.

Some of my other favorites:

• Asking, "have JWs given up the practice of cannabalism after all that bad press some years ago? "
    • Telling them how much I appreciate their support of Irwin Schiff or some other borline personality. LOL.
    • Asking whether radical muslims are allowed to serve as Elders in the congregation...cause if so, I don't want no parts of it!

There is no way to explain the nuttiness of this religion. As a matter of fact, the more you try to explain it to strangers, the crazier YOU sound.

So think of a way to make yourself laugh and keep moving.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit