Will there be a time when NO ONE will be able to become a JW anymore?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The Witnesses always said that at some point in time, it will be too late to join, the doors will be closed.

Do you believe that will happen, or is it just to scare the Witnesses?

And what would trigger the Watchtower to decide, it's too late?

• kid-A
    kid-A

"it will be too late to join, the doors will be closed."

I have no doubt the doors will be closed one day.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Will we lament and tear at our outer garments, wailing, and gnashing our teeth?

• juni
    juni

They base that scare tactic on the account of Noah gathering animals and his family into the ark and Jehovah sealing the door as no one else wanted to come in the ark.

When will the WT Society decide that it is time to shut the door? They are arrogant and self-righteous if they feel that this is their assignment. Just as they are arrogant and two-faced to their followers. Perhaps the door being sealed will be their own?

Juni

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's just another figment in the wt fantasy.

S

• anewme
    anewme

Thats what they told us.
    Poisonous little statements like that, drawing conclusions from other Bible accounts, that poke the mind and heart annoyingly with a little sharp stick.

My mind is so filled with these unscriptural fanciful conjectures! I cant get them out of my head and they make me miserable and crazy. And I have no one to talk with about them but you all. No one out there in the world has the patience to put up with an exJW's misery! The amount of useless crap that was drilled into our heads is huge!

In order to silence the JW indoctrination I either have to stay drunk or dummy down my brain. I have tried Zen meditation and it helps.
    I joke with people that "I consult with my dog about spiritual things these days!" Ha Ha.
    To Christians or anyone with an ounce of faith in God that goes over like led. Nobody laughs or thinks that is funny. I embarrass myself like some bad comic, sad inside and making jokes about sacred things.
    I am damaged and psychologically hurt by the sheer weight of gobbledy goop I carry around in my brain that every now and then flares up to frighten me badly.

Sorry, not doing so good today, and mad about it.

Anewme

• juni
    juni

Good morning anewme.

Don't feel bad. I talk to my dog all of the time. They listen unconditionally and then they look at you w/those big eyes and "say", LET'S PLAY BALL!! Helps w/the ruminating about the cult control.

Juni

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The watchliars have been pulling this shit for years.

Scare tactics. Plain and simple.

They are nothing more than a Doomsday Cult.

Where is Waco when we need it?

• blondie
    blondie

In recent years the WTS has taught the the end of people coming into the organization would be when Babylon the Great (all religions except the WTS) will be destroyed. Then the "door" will be shut.

w97 2/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***

"The Watchtower" of August 15, 1996, said: "In the final part of the tribulation, ‘flesh’ that has fled to Jehovah’s side will be saved." Is that suggesting that after the first phase of the great tribulation, many new ones will come over to God’s side?

That was not the point being made.

Jesus’ words found at Matthew 24:22 will primarily be fulfilled in the future by a salvation through the first part of the coming great tribulation, the attack on religion. The article said: "Recall that ‘flesh,’ both of the anointed remnant and of the ‘great crowd,’ already will have been saved when Babylon the Great goes down swiftly and completely in the first part of the tribulation."

Such faithful ones will be in no danger when Jesus and his heavenly army act in the final part of the tribulation. But who will thus pass through that phase of the tribulation? Revelation 7:9, 14 shows that a great crowd having an earthly hope will survive. What of spirit-anointed Christians? "Questions From Readers" in The Watchtower of August 15, 1990, discussed why we cannot be dogmatic about when the remnant of anointed ones will be taken to heaven. So the recent article (August 15, 1996) left the matter open, making the general comment: "Likewise in the final part of the tribulation, ‘flesh’ that has fled to Jehovah’s side will be saved."

As to whether any new ones may be able to learn the truth and come over to God’s side after the great tribulation begins, note Jesus’ words recorded at Matthew 24:29-31. After the outbreak of the tribulation, the sign of the Son of man will appear. Jesus said that all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves and lament. He did not say anything about people waking up to the situation, repenting, taking God’s side, and becoming true disciples.

Similarly, in the parable of the sheep and the goats, the Son of man appears and judicially separates people on the basis of what they had done or not done in the past. Jesus said nothing about people who long displayed goatlike attributes suddenly turning around and becoming like sheep. He comes to judge on the basis of what people had already proved to be.—Matthew 25:31-46.

• anewme
    anewme

Thanks Juni.

Those two big beautiful trusting loving eyes really do give me faith!

My dogs are beautiful creatures. They have pure hearts. The trust in their Creator. They concentrate on today....and loving me!

Paul Marshall on another thread today talked about concentrating on earthly delights and marvels and wonders.

Thats all I can do. After suffering a nervous breakdown 5 years ago, its all I can do.

I cant do the JW thing anymore. I cant carry the JW burden anymore.

Sorry JH, dont want to get off topic. BTW I appreciate your daily posts and thoughtful questions to us all.
    I dont know how you do it...how you come up with so many good topics.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit