KingDumb songs

by geevee 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• geevee
    geevee

So, the other day I was just humming to myself, nothing inparticular then blow me down and inside out, I recognized I was humming a kingdumb song!!!
    I nearly pewked!!
    Am I alone in this phenomenon? I told my son and he laughed. He had a kingdumb song stuck in his head too!! and was getting a bit cut about it. I told him to listen to ACDC Thunderstruck, then hum a few bars, until it stuck....much better.

.......God save our gracious queen, long live our noble queen, god save the queen....sent her victorious, happy and glorious....long to reign over us, god save the queen!
    Silent night, holy night, all is calm, all is bright........

These used to give me nightmares too, not any more, I can join in if I want to!!! yay

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Some of them get stuck in my head while cycling; I just change gears.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's terrible, isn't it!

After a lifetime of having 'those' songs wash over me, I find they still come to the surface.

Happily, it's happening less and less as I replace them with others which sound so much better!

• geevee
    geevee

Hey ozzie,
    It's not brainwashing though!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I have been out of the watchliar sociopaths since 1981. I still hum the f**king things.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It's not brainwashing though!!

Ironic, isn't it, that "God's earthly organisationâ„¢" should need to resort to that!

On the other hand, I s'pose music has been used from time immemorial to sway the masses.

Still, we find these lyrics from Witness brainwashing songs:

"Let us serve God with real vigor and vim.

Care let us take lest our vision grow dim." (Be Steadfast, Unmovable! -Song 10)

"Then we have God's 'steward' and His active force.

These will ever guide us in our Christian course." (Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order - Song 8)

"Hail the Theocracy, ever increasing!

Wondrous expansion is now taking place." Hmmmmmm (Song 53)

"Jehovahâ„¢ himself gives the saying. The women go out to preach

All form a large army to witness; Humanity they want to reach.

It means getting started right early, To look to one's household with care.

By planning and diligent forethought, In service they have a fine share." SPEW!!!! Sexist rubbish. (Song 82)

Then how about this for overt indoctrination:

"We must act together as one.

Independence, wisely we sghun.

Harmony and one-ness of mind

Bring peace of rarest kind." (Working Together in Unity - Song 213)

Brainwashing? If it smells like a rat, walks like a rat, and looks like a rat, what else is it?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Brainwashing? If it smells like a rat, walks like a rat, and looks like a rat, what else is it?

Dog shit....don't step in it.

• Terry
    Terry

For us older folks (I'm 59) we can remember a changeover time around 1966/67.

There was an older previous Songbook that was retired.

A small local assembly was announced and local congregations attended. A special program presented the NEW Kingdom Songbook.

The reason for the changeover was given: Previous songs had false religious connotations and borrowings in them so they were tainted!

Some tunes had plagarized classical pieces too.

They started from scratch and gave purity to the new songs.

At the end of the program they had all of us sing the new song; 119 KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!

Years later a set of long playing records came out.

Why?

To eliminate the playing of the piano in the Kingdom Hall and give uniformity to the worship.

Everybody in the congregation was urged to buy a set of Kingdom Songs on LP.

Before the LP's I was the guy who often played the piano while the congregation sang or I led them in singing.

Sigh.....those were the good old bad old days.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Many songs still have plagiarized classical tunes. I have two classical CDs I use sometimes at work, and I noticed that after listening to these particular CDs I always get a KINGDUMB song stuck in my head. So I listened a little more closely, and sure enough, several of the pieces are just a few notes off from what I heard at the hall. Most of these were from Bach. (Incidently, there is also a popular song on the radio that was lifted complete from Bach. Weird.)

• geevee
    geevee

Terry, good point, we used to have various people playing the piano or violin with the piano, they used to give an extra tinkle here or there and just make the music a tad more interesting, but as we appreciate, the WTS do not want different or better than what they dish out, even something so simple as music.
    Oz, great obsevation on brainwashing. The words. Man, these things plague us for years. Dont worry about what you may have "learned" then unlearned. These catchy little words stay with you for a long time as pointed out.
    This is why the WTS is so down on "worldly" music. That stays in your head too. I used to sit in meetings with ELO running rampant, jeff lynne was trying to protect me!!!!!!!!!1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit