last time in field service

by darth frosty 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Taythan
    Taythan

I can't even really remember the "final" time I went out in field service. It was probably a solitary effort on a cold winter day in January or February of 1995 in some rural territory that hadn't been worked in several years and an old farmer standing at the door wondering at first who I was and then why I was there and following that probably believing I was just plain nuts.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Welcome to the board, Taythan! Hope to hear more of your experiences soon.

• Taythan
    Taythan

Thanks for the welcome Virgo. It's been so long since I've been to this board that all my past post's have been erased and forgotten. Every once in awhile I go thru not quite nostalgic periods in which I reflect upon my JW past. I don't know what triggers it, perhaps a certain song on the radio or something, a feeling in the air, like the whirring of a helicopter gives a Vietnam Vet flashbacks, something gets me.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

I had spent the d-t-d morning with an elder. At the end of the FS morning, I just told the elder: "Look, this doesn't make sense to me anymore. I've never liked field service anyway." His eyes popped and he gaped, unable to say anything for a few seconds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit