Do you get speeding tickets often, or get away with alot of traffic tickets

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I got a speeding ticket only one time, I was 17 driving on the freeway in South Dakota. I don't like to speed, cops scare the crap out of me.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I got my one and only ticket for going 70 in a 50 zone. The cop was parked 10 feet in front of the sign upping the limit from 50 to 70. I was ticked so my charm flew out the window and I gave him attitude when he asked if I knew why I was stopped.

$120 later I concluded next time I'll try the charm...........and lipgloss :P

Dams

• merfi
    merfi

I'm kind of a leadfoot... I've had a few tickets, nothing huge except for my most recent one. 81 in a 55, but he knocked it down to 75. I'm going to court to fight it next month as there's a story...

I had passed an old, blue, beat up Caprice with the license "PSYCHO" on it a few miles back. Once I passed, they stayed right on my butt. There were two guys in there, I was alone out on the county roads, it was about 8pm. So I slowed down to let them pass. They didn't. I sped up, they sped up. So I was about 5 miles from my town and doing the 80mph. I told the cop that I felt like I was being chased and just wanted to get to town, like I've heard one is 'supposed to do'. The dumb cop told me that I should have 'pulled off on a gravel road'. Yeah.... riiiiiiight and what if they'd pulled off too?!? I didn't argue with him THEN, but will use this in court, hopefully to my advantage. Also, I found out that this car's driver didn't have a license, had a warrant out for his arrest for drugs in the next county and had drugs in the car. So I was right in my un-PC profiling...

I should maybe mention that I do totally deserve the ticket, I'm a speeder.... I have a radar detector that has saved me countless times. Except this one....

Court date is August 8th... Worst case, I pay my fine and my insurance bumps up a bit.

~merfi

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

misanthropic:

cops scare the crap out of me.

What, ALL of them??!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My son in law and I were just talking about this. In Missouri we have legal advisors that get you off speeding tickets so you don't rack up points on your license..it is entered in the computer as a "Loose muffler". So if you look up anyone's violations and it says 'Loose muffler"..you know they got a speeding ticket fixed.

He said he had a very bad muffler...

Snoozy..

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I only had one speeding ticket. It was from a speed trap a cop set up in the "Big Dig" in Boston. Coming off the Tobin Bridge heading down into the tunnel towards Storrow Drive. As soon as you enter the tunnel the speed limit drops. There were three lanes. The right lane was blocked with cones and the cop was in the center lane parked. He had two cars pulled over then pulled me over. While he had me pulled over he got another car. He told me my ticket should be $350 but he would be nice and only make it $75. I wanted to fight it but when the court date was set, I was living in California. My driving record never transferred and I paid the $75.

• Plummet
  • smellsgood
    smellsgood

Yeah, I have gotten out of one or two. I was going 35 in a 25mph speedtrap, got pulled over, then got pardoned on account of other things I was doing right. Ok
    Recently My Mom got this massive ticket for expired drivers license (don't let that happen) and the state patrol trooper was a complete arse.
    There's three licensed drivers in the car and two children. He tells me that "You know, we (himself and the city police officer) are being generous, we could impound your car.." in a snide way
    I say "Yeah, if you want to go on a power trip I guess. That would be pretty sick if you were to impound a womans vehicle with her two children in it."
    Particularly since there were two other non-expired drivers riding along.
    JH: if ya do a lousy stop, but that I mean if you don't completely stop, they call tha an American stop here>>
    That's funny, because if you do a sort of half assed stop in the states (at least in mine) we call it a "California stop"

smellsgood

• south african beef
    south african beef

I drive about 25,000 miles a year and despite the fact that England is covered with speed cameras, I can't remember the last time I had a speeding ticket.

I'm not saying that I dont speed, it's just that I seem to have a sixth sense about the cameras - my brain seems to register it before my eyes see it!

• Dune
    Dune

i strictly adhere to speed limits. I'm constantly looking at the meter to make sure i'm not 5 m/hr ahead of the posted speed limit. I let it loose on the major highways though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit