IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM SHUNNED FATHER - PLEASE READ

by SHUNNED FATHER 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Frank:

Yep you are right again. I guess I saw your name and it stuck in my head. Ya'd think we've know each other for a decade or two or something.

Uzzah

• lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo
    lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo

I put a shorter form of Lawrence's letter in the totally different Blood section on this board and Scully locked the thread, said s/he and some others get tired of Lawrence asking for help. I also posted a copy on the following website which has 535 other people signed in and am emailing and going to post copies on forums all over the place all the more. Since for-profit ads are run across this website every second I think his posting updates just once in a while and with requests for help is only fair. I'm glad a team of attorneys agreed to help him for free. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses/

By the way, forms for chartering autonomous Bible reading groups are in the FILES section there; PHOTOS shows many of the 535 (me too) signed in on the website; at the bottom are MESSAGES which include the mentioned shorter form of what Lawrence says for the convenience of everybody wanting to help. I've donated twice before; and since, even with the attorneys, our help is still needed, will gladly do so again and hope you other readers do the same.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Lawrence's friend:

What I read from Scully on that locked thread was that people are tired of "Spamming" Lawrence's cause all over the board. People on JWD have shown themselves extremely supportive of Lawrence from Day 1. But Jah Christians (your Yahoo group) have been notorious for spamming so it's no wonder the mods might be a little itchy on the trigger finger.

It is good to see support for him but don't allow your eagerness to support weaken the support from others. Just my 2 cents.

Uzzah

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I put a shorter form of Lawrence's letter in the totally different Blood section on this board and Scully locked the thread, said s/he and some others get tired of Lawrence asking for help.

The IP adresses indicate that lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo = garbruce06atyahooo = wanda = honeytazicatyaho = aalaaskaanmaan

That, and the fact that you're spamming people's inboxes might have something to do with Scully locking the thread.

W

• M.J.
    M.J.

Is there a better description of the suit itself somewhere and why it looks to have some kind of shot at not being thrown out?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Lawrence Hughes

Lawrence Hughes
    Bethany

Bethany Lawrence goes after the watchtower older news releases

• lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo
    lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo

I have had and still have a number of different email addresses but so do many others, possibly yourself too Mr/Mrs Finally-Free. Plus, unlike yourself, I've even given my real name and phone number while promoting a genuine Christian fellowship to replace the Watchtower Society:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses name/phone/photos etc are all there

I do not spam as proved by its definition at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spamming

1. To send unsolicited e-mail to.
    2. To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

When I email it is not done in a nonselective way and it is sent to those with a great likelihood of being interested as well as with a desire to be well informed.

To sum up, Lawrence now has attorneys giving him free legal advice but needs some more assistance for the cost of filing court documents or the like, and so it's up to each of us to show support, including those who've given to the cause before. Let's do it!

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Hey "J Mason Emerson" (lawrencehughesfriend at yahoo),

Who's the female in the photo on your site? Is sure as heck isn't you!

Another question, why is it that no one else seems to be able to post to your group? All the messages there are from you!

• Scully
    Scully

spam may mean: (from www.wikipedia.org)

• Spam (electronic), unsolicited or undesired bulk electronic messages, such as:
      • e-mail spam, unsolicited emails with advertisements
      • spamdexing, manipulating a search engine to create the illusion of more popularity of a webpage of lesser importance
      • Messaging spam — instant messenger spam
      • Forum spam — Pointless topics, advertisements

Spam: from the Posting Guidelines:

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.
    12. Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming, legal and relevant. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts at own discretion and without notice, which we consider to be unacceptable. If you repeatedly break these guidelines, you may be prevented from posting.

It seems fair to say that the sender's definition of what constitutes "spam" may differ from the recipient's perception would be. It would also be fair to say, that like "beauty", spam is in the eye of the beholder. If someone has received a message that they feel qualifies as "spam", then that is exactly what it is.

• Scully
    Scully

Beep, beep:

why is it that no one else seems to be able to post to your group? All the messages there are from you!

Excellent observation. It would seem that J. Mason Emerson is somewhat of a legend in his own mind. And a control freak. He did send me a veiled threat that he would unleash all 535 of his Yahoogroup groupies to ensure my undoing if I attempted to "silence" him.

I don't play those games. That's a bona fide Watchtower tactic if I ever saw one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit