Men's hair getting longer?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I was a youngster, many guys had long hair, then a few years later it got short, very short. Now I've noticed that hair for guys is longer again.

This spring, I saw boys go to school, walking in front of here, and many had very long hair.

Just a few minutes ago, I watch the news on tv, and the man in his late 30's had very long hair....lol

I was just wondering if this is a local thing, or do men let their hair grow longer these days where you live?

OK, just a few have long hair now, but still, it's a big contrast since the last 25 years, where everyone had short hair.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I've seen alot of guys around hair sporting the 70's hair thing, but not really long hair.

• JH
    JH

I always wondered how a trend starts......

Is it a person who decides that long hair is now cool, and others follow and the trend gets started, or does someone in fashion decide, this year hair is long, so everybody follows.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I've noticed this a lot among teenagers. I haven't seen too many adults with long hair, but amoung high school kids, it's pretty common out here.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

ummm....well, my hubby isn`t known to be of the *norm`* type of people! He`s a musician, a frontman for a rock band and most of these guys have long hair, or completely shaved.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Kids are sporting mops of hair nowadays. They all need haircuts, I say.
    I never had long hair. I used to sport jaw-length sideburns, though, but then I was told to keep them "no longer than the ear."

• Highlander
    Highlander

longer hair on men has been coming back for quite a few years now. It kind of snuck up on me though, it was years later that it dawned on me that not everyone

sported the 'society' look and things had changed.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"No longer than the ear..." of course, it says that in the Bible, don'tcha know!

Around here, the trend is longer, shaggier hair.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I've actually noticed this as well, especially for the last few years. Now if only the girl's hair would get shorter ^_^

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

In the Carribean one sees both styles; the short finely edged style and the longer, tied behind the head style which is what I'm going for now. I've never had long hair before, being JW all my life. My only restriction is that I will continue to be clean shaved with no mustache, but that is because of what I think looks good on me and not because of some organization that still thinks we are in the 1950s.
    Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit