Dis-association letter

by Suzie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Still, if you really want to do it, get in touch with all the JWs you love first; put in writing everything you want to say to them, then edit out the crazy stuff and write like it's the last chance you'll get to talk to them, because it will be. One of them will send it on to the elders and take care of that formality for you. As soon as an elder wants some kind of confirmation, you can do whatever your mood allows.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Here's how it works:

1.They will read your letter only until they get to the "don't want to be a JW" part and no further. They will take great pride in not being "infected" in any way by the demonic spirit that has possessed you.

2. Someone will call you to "discuss" only if one of the elders really likes you, or your letter is so vague they aren't sure if it meets the criteria for DA.

3. They will read an announcement to the congo that you "are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

4. You will be dropped like a bad habit, as disassociation is considered the worst thing a dub can do.

5. The rumor mill will work overtime to condemn you for all sorts of real and imaginary sins. Not only will the elders do nothing to correct these misimpressions among the rank and file, they will encourage them by participating in the speculation.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hello Suzie,

Just read your post re: disassocation letter. We (husband and I) sent out letters to friends and family a couple of days before sending our letter to the Elders. We thought that it would give our friends a chance to read it before they were officially warned not to, by the elders. We had been friends with many of them for over 20 years, but not one of them phoned or got in touch with us. That was over 4 years ago but they still shun us as apostates. The reasons that we disassociated were UN hypocrisy, failed prophecies, paedophiles issues etc. The London Bethell nor the local elders would not answer our questions, they seemed to find it a lot easier just to disfellowship us.

It took many hours to get our info together (with the help of many on this forum) and many more hours to type the letter. And although they all chose not to answer, it was helpful for us to do the letter and to keep it in a file with lots of other info on the JWs. Just in case we ever get the chance to show it to some-one!

If you want to take a look at our letter - this is the link

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/52176/1.ashx

Well done on your decision to leave, it's not an easy thing to do.

Twink

• Suzie
    Suzie

I wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the advice given! Thank you EVERYONE! I understand that my elders will probably harrass me about my decission. I am very strong in my choice though so they can come at me if they want! Elder beware! lol!

Thank you guys especially for the advice about writting a letter to my friends BEFORE I send the letter to the elders! I never thought of that, Though i don't know why! lol There are several people that I definatly really care about that I want to formally let them know of my decission!

Another thing that I really appreciate is the reminder that I am not playing by THEIR rules anymore! This is MY game now! MY rules! MY life! thank you! I also really like the great abilility to be able to view sample letters so I can get an idea of where to start running though my mind. This is definatly something that I want to do! I know this! There is NO changing my mind! So to all of you and your help, I say, Much thanks! :)

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Let us know how you get on Suzie!

CS 101

• kid-A
    kid-A

Exactly what Willy said.

They will read the first sentence. Stop. Throw it in the garbage. Fill out your DF forms for "apostasy" and mail them to Brooklyn.

If you must send a letter, save yourself time and ink by writing 1 sentence: "I no longer wish to be a JW". That is as far as it will be read.

• Suzie
    Suzie

Wait... Dis-fellowshipping papers!? I thought I was the one ending it so I would be dis-associated... Not DF'ed.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If you tell them you are quitting they will announce you have disassociated and are no longer one of Jehoovers Witlesses.

Unless of course you are a serial killer and havent told us that part :)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

In Between and Lovesdubs are a little behind on the announcement part. They no longer say "So and So has dissasociated themselves from the Christian Congregation, nor do they say anyone is disfellowshipped. IT is now simply this: "So and So is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." Thats why the letters to your friends are so important. No one will know if you were cooking Meth or wrote a letter of DA. If I were to DA I would make sure there was a letter to all my friends first. I dont need to DA because I am faded big time.

May you have success and peace in your endeavour.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit