I did it

by lola28 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congratulations lola, and welcome to freedom.

• hopie
    hopie

CONGRATULATIONS LOLA 28 !!!!!!!!!!

You have put smiles on all our faces !!!!!!!!!! You are now free to excercise your own conscience.

ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, THERE IS NO MEDIATOR BETWEEN MAN AND GOD OTHER THAN CHRIST...THAT MEANS NO PRIEST, NO GOVERNING BODY, ( NO MAN ).

I wish you the very best.

Hopie

• karen96
    karen96

Congratulations, Lola! It was a very brave step to take, and I admire you for it.

Karen

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Congrats, Lola! Thanks for sharing that!

Dave

• lola28
    lola28

Hi, okay let me give you a few more details, I sent an email to an elder and then I got on the phone and called him to make sure he had gotten it, he did and I got a nasty email from him the next morning, I moved halls last year so I have two congregations that feel "responsible" for me, yesterday morning I got an email from another elder telling me to take some time and think about what I was doing, they don't think I was serious about DAing, as it stands only four ppl. know that I wrote the letter, I called the person that studied with me and told her so she would not be taken by surprise. We will see how it goes. Right now I feel gind of numb.

Lola

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I raise my glass to you...congrats!!!

cathy l.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wow congratulations!! Hey can you dish on what the nasty letter from the elder said? hehehehe

I tell ya...you play nice they love you to death...you want out and they turn on you like DOGS.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I will raise a few drinks ( At least 20 or so) in your honor tonight!.....Along with a few tokes!

• gymbob
    gymbob

FREEDOM!! Congrats to you Lola! Sometimes it's the only way, and sometimes it's the best way. GYMBB

• bebu
    bebu

((((Lola))))

It's hard to get nasty notes from people, even people we don't really care about much. No matter how much you prepare for a DA or a DF, going thru an experience like those is bound to be more challenging than you thought (think Richie Rich).

One day you'll look back on this and you'll know that it was worth the stress. In the meantime, remind yourself constantly that you are living out your integrity. That is worth a lot! You'll find your feet again soon.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit