Today is my 1st Anniversary with JWD!!!

by arwen 13 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

One small baby step for Arwen one year ago today has led me down a path to where I am now taking long strides. I was reading over some of my early posts here on JWD and I have come a long way. I finally disassociated myself on June 8 and I am so thankful that I found this board to help me get on with my life. All of you have encouraged me so much and I feel so much a part of this group. I am here every day and I know I could talk to any of you if I needed help. I am going to start to tell my story slowly in the next few weeks....just a bit at a time. I need to do this for my own healing but I also want to help any others who may be suffering where they are in their lives at present. I have enjoyed travelling with you here for the past year.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Yay!!!

I'll look forward to you posting your story.

I love having you on here, us East Coasters have to stick together!

Dams

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Congrats Arwen. My 1st Anniversary is comin' up too! We'll have to celebrate when I get down to the East coast. Can't wait!
    tall penguin

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

WOW one year, good luck, well now its ok to wish someone good luck.

Enjoy your life, travel, go and try some things that you would not have been able to do before, just don't get caught up in anything bad, remember some of us are like springs, we were held down tight against the floor, now that you are released, don't spring out of control.

Congrats to all that have made the one year mark.

• anewme
    anewme

Awren, just saw your post about your one year celebration

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Anewme

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Time flies when you're having fun

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Happy anniversary Arwen, the first of many

Linda

• Legolas
    Legolas

OMG how did I miss this...I guess because I haven't been on much lately.

Well......

• garybuss
    garybuss

Congratulations! Good job!

What message do you have for others like you and me who haven't participated in any boards yet?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Arwen:

Well done!

Isn't it amazing to look back and see how far you've come? ! Just this past weekend an old friend remarked to me, "Man, you've come such a long way in eight or nine years!!" I stopped and thought about it and, yes, I can see what he means. Boy, I was raw a few years back!

Nowadays I feel quite out of touch with the Borg and really it's immaterial to me, much like the local gun club but more dangerous!! If it weren't for family being loyal dubs I don't know that I'd care much - but I should and I do.

When we first came out, we asked a friend who'd come out many years (about 25) ago, how long it would take to get the dub out of us and he was of the opinion it would take 15 years! At the time I thought he was crazy but nowadays I can see what he means.

One thing we've found of great help is to stop referring to the WT as "the Truthâ„¢" Recognise that using that word is part of the mind-control that is part of being a dub. Call it anything but the Truth! You find that may help speed things up.

Again, well done and may there be many more years of real freedom!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit