Ted Jaracz a molester?

by Confession 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Top critical review

1.0 out of 5 starsToo short
    Reviewed in the United States đŸ‡ș🇾 on November 13, 2019
    Expected it to be longer and have more details. Not worth the price, in my opinion.

Short, but good tidbits in her book. page 34.- Lloyd Barry was sent by Knorr to investigate Jaracz. Knorr did the same thing as the Catholic Bishops model did. Reuse them out of State or Country. Knorr writes Jaracz if he gets married, he'd get to be a CO.
    p30
    'One particularly nasty secret concerned personal instructions sent out in 1992 from one of the Governing Body members, who Harry was certain was Ted Jaracz, to a few very well-known circuit and district overseers to meet with and compel abuse victims to remain silent about their abuse or be disfellowshipped.'

'In 1951, Jaracz was sent to the Australian Branch to become the branch overseer, and, at that time, Lorraine Wallen told me, he was the youngest man holding such an important position. Shortly after Jaracz was shipped off to Australia, and, according to family, Melita pined away for him and decided to fly down to Aussieland to ‘pursue him.’
    She was warned that she could get in a lot of trouble ‘chasing’ a man like she was doing, but she did it anyway and eventually got her man, marrying him in 1956 as soon as he arrived back in the United States.
    His removal as branch overseer in Australia, clouded by secrecy, took place after only five years in that special assignment. Six months later, the Jaraczs were in the circuit work in California.'

level 2

My mother knew him and when he was accused of child abuse in her circuit.

level 3

Was this in California? Was it someone named Erica? I'm researching this. Please send me a direct message if you are not comfortable writing about it publicly. Thank you in advance.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I knew Ted at Bethel. My opinion of him was that he was an aloof Ass, but I liked his wife.

My father-in-law GAVE him $10,000 in the 60s to buy a trailer, so he was nice to his benefactor.

Ted would stay with family members in the 60s when he was a CO. I never heard a word about the child molesting accusations. However, because of the family relationships and gifts, I asked him to intercede on behalf of my JW mother-in-law, a widow, who could not get watchtower to return a $20,000+ loan she had made them. (She needed the money for medical expenses). Ted would not even answer the phone or my letters to help the widow of the man who had GIVEN him $10,000. That told me everything I needed to know about the guy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there anyone from Australia who has ever confirmed the rumours about him being expelled from the branch?

If that did happen, it was a remarkable comeback for him to work his way onto the GB.

I think he creeped a lot of people out by his arrogant comment on the Panorama programme, “you have privacy laws in the UK, don’t you? We have issued you a statement, we don’t go beyond the things written”. At the time I remember a pioneer sister saying to me the following day that she didn’t like the man. Back then GB members were pretty unknown to ordinary JWs, and the Panorama programme was the first time really noticing Ted Jaracz, and he didn’t make a good impression.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Baalamsass, I hope she learned her lesson, that money only flows “one way” in Watchtowerland.💰💰💰

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    slimboyfat
    If that did happen, it was a remarkable comeback for him to work his way onto the GB.
    Knorr was running a business.
    Guess Knorr saw ability in Ted, and wanted a good return on his investment, so put Ted back in the saddle after a few months off.
    'In July 1946, at the age of 20, Ted graduated from the seventh class of the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead'

Unlike other GB members stories, Melita Jaracz and Audrey (Knorr) Hyde wrote their husbands LIFE STORY; wonder if she knew why he came back to the USA?

LIFE STORY
    A Satisfying Life Despite Heartaches
    AS TOLD BY AUDREY HYDE
    p 407 w/pic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit