First Annual Irish Apost O'Fest

by funkyderek 46 Replies latest members meetups

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Merry:

Go on, who needs good teeth anyway?!

lowden:

I'll be there FunkyD, if only to taste the best pint of Guiness in Dublin......at John Mulligans

Agreed. I was going to make sure all the Guinness drinkers got to go there, so they know what it should taste like.

Give us a date soon and i'll book the Sea Cat from Liverpol. That way i can get half leathered on the way over

A travel option I missed! The date largely depends on who's available when. So cast your vote!

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene
    Merry:

Go on, who needs good teeth anyway?!

Ah, if only! I'm afraid I have to have a $970 root canal this coming Thursday...and the round-trip flights I checked on between Seattle and Dublin were minimum $786.

Oh what an extravagent weekend that would be! If I change my mind, will constant applications of Guiness and whiskey keep the swelling down and the pain at a minimum?

~Merry

• lowden
    lowden

OK Funky....here's my suggestion for the dates.

The weather is gonna be more likely to be decent at the beginning of September (though not guaranteed i know) and Lil' Toe can't make the end of the month, so i vote one of the first two weekends in September. That'd be the weekend of Fri 15, Sat 16 and Sun 17 or the next is Fri 22, Sat 23 and Sun 24. Depends how many days peeps want to stay but most may only interested in a one night stopover.

Peace

Lowden

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, my vote is for the weekend of the 15 / 16th. I have to be off-island the following weekend, anyhow, so it would be good to combine trips and have a couple of days off in-between to recover

As soon as all the votes are in and the date is decided I'll be booking my flights, etc. The earlier the better for good prices!

• Gadget
    Gadget
    It's looking like the weekend of the 16th, 23rd or possibly the 30th.

Claire is having her operation on the 15th, so the weekend of the 16th is definitely out the me. But if its one of the other 2 weekends I'll definitely be there!

Paul

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

We got home from England about 2am yesterday morning after a 9 hour layover in Newark NJ (Lightening storm kept the planes grounded for 2 hours!). And I cant seem to find any more $$$. Dayum!

Y'all just go and have fun without me now, ya hear?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

If you have a successful apostafest this year, have another one next year! My wife and I would love to fly over and be apart of it!

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

HEY COUNT ME IN, WHAT DATE WILL IT BE THEN, NEED TO BOOK FLIGHTS EARLY FOR CHEAPNESS,

GADGETS IDEA OF THE HOSTEL SOUNDS GREAT WE CAN ALL SHARE ONE BIG ROOM I'LL EVEN DO MY MR WHIPPY JOKE AGAIN FOR YOU,

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm afraid I have to bug out on y'all because of work pressures.

I came home from vacation to our Chairman's resignation and the Scottish Health Minister is visiting today to kick-start some significant changes to the way the Organisation works. At this rate I'm going to be tied up nights and weekends well into October

Seems my prefered date wasn't suitable for Gadget anyhow, so good luck on settling on that date. It should be a fun one. Knock back a pint of the black stuff for me, will ya

• Sirona
    Sirona

so whats the date??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit