Demonstrations against the WTBTS - Get on with your life.

by breeze 25 Replies latest social relationships

• parakeet
    parakeet

Breeze,
    ***Just stop it and get onto doing something positive with your life.***
    Why do you assume there is nothing positive about talking about the WTS? Many people here have said this forum has contributed greatly to their getting out of JWs and has helped them through the inevitable rocky aftermath of departure. Do you think they're lying? Do you think they're deluded? Do you think?

• damselfly
    damselfly

For some these demostrations are the tool and the key foe then to deal with their past and move on eventually.

We all heal and grow using differents methods, it doesn't put us in the wrong as long as we are true to what we need at the time.

Dams

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    Just stop it and get onto doing something positive with your life.

Breeze----Do I assume you are doing nothing positive with your life becuse you have spent some of it posting here 443 times? I do other things as well.

B

• Warlock
    Warlock

The work of helping people in pain, especially those who were, or still are j.w.'s, is "the most important work being done today".

Whatever happens to the WTS is not really my issue.

My issue is those who come here crying for help and the only ones who can even BEGIN to understand are ex-j.w.'s, faders, inactives and even some actives.

It doesn't make any difference how far I've gotten along with "my life", as long as I have a breath left in my body and a computer, I'm gonna keep reading, commenting, welcoming, p.m.'ing any and all who need support.

Warlock

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    The work of helping people in pain, especially those who were, or still are j.w.'s, is "the most important work being done today".

Danny's Sensible Suggestions
    for Managing Stress

• undercover
    undercover
    You guys that are so obsessed with the WTBTS and their future. Just stop it and get onto doing something positive with your life.

Give back sometheng to your community and the world we are in for now. Have some fun, drink sing and live, for there may not be a tomorrow.

To some of the more "militant" apostates, being active and demonstrating against the WTS is positive...to them. To them, this is how they are giving back to the community, by trying to expose the WTS.

Granted, though, it is a bit obsessive. To some, any of us who post on this board would be called obsessive and needing to get a life.

Having said that, I understand what you're saying and agree in principle. You won't see me demonstrating at KHs or conventions. You won't see me putting flyers on cars or wearing sandwich boards calling the WTS a cult. If someone asks me about the beliefs or practices of the religion, I gladly give an answer, but I do not think it helps the ex-JW cause to picket conventions or create scenes of disgruntledness. I think we send a pretty clear message by admitting that we were once fooled, learned the real truth, and went on to live a happy life without the JWs. But to each his own...I've learned to accept that each must follow his own path.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

For some that 'giving back' is to keep others from joining the cult of the wt. Or to help others escape. It is possible to have a life AND try to keep others from something as dangerous as the wt. There are many here who volunteer their time to worthy causes, give blood, help their neighbors and still keep up with the shenanagins of the wt.

Well said. I'm with you on this one.

• restrangled
    restrangled

"Just stop it and get onto doing something positive with your life".....I think you have some nerve. How nice you personally can get on with life, ....but don't expect those around you to be able to do the same until they have worked out the hurt, shame, lies etc.

Maybe you need to get on with your life and stop posting here sweetheart.

r.

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet
    Maybe you need to get on with your life and stop posting here sweetheart.

Agreed.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't think causing a scene at any witness activity, like conventions, are going to do you any good. At the last DC, there was a single guy just standing there with a sign. (Funny thing: my dad wanted to kick him in the ass when he bent over his truck!) Just put out your message. I can tell you that people glanced at his sign. I snuck a peek at it when I wasn't walking with family, and I could tell at least a couple people looked at it. IMHO it was effective because he didn't cause people to throw up a wall to his message.
    Now, two DC's ago, there were people actively walking around the stadium with little cross and crown tracts. People were annoyed by them, and they got hassled by dub security guys. They didn't work because their approach played right into what a dub would like to avoid. They had kids walking around with bright neon signs, and people were annoyed. You can't assault a dub's mind like that head-on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit