WILL THE ELDERS D'F ME FOR MOVING OUT? Today is the DAY!

by stillAwitness 25 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

first off. i wouldn't tell a soul were i moved. i fact it's good to say you moved to the next town 20 miles away. in the opIf you want to talk to the elders at all, just tell them your parents kicked you out and what are you supposed to do? Live in a park?

Warlockposite direction. i mean your 24 yrs old HELLO. PLUS WARLOCK SAID YOUR PARENTS KICKED YOU OUT b/c you come home from work at 1 a.m. thats christian love if i ever heard it. keep your mouth shut . loose lips sink ships. you will be fine . if you keep your mouth shut and don't tell anyone any info. john

• nsrn
    nsrn

It's time...change is uncomfortable, but overdue. You'll be okay. Sometimes it is impossible to fade neatly--sometimes you have to make a choice and take a stand. Are you in or out?

I'm out!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

stilla, you may benefit from hearing what happened to me.

I was almost 30 years old and had moved out of home to the other side of town. I faded from the meetings and never heard from the elders.

One day I was spotted by a JW holding hands with a 'wordly man'.

The elders then got on the phone to my mum and emotionally blackmailed her until she gave them my address. They then turned up on my doorstep. Luckily I wasn't home. But my flat mate was and they got my phone number... (sigh)

When they called I was polite and thanked them for their interest but told them any visits from them are unnecessary as I am doing fine. (Mind you they couldn't get that through their thick heads). I didn't let them get to me (that they could tell) and finally they ended the call.

I've never heard from them again

Lessons to be learnt:

• The elders will be determined to find out where you live.
    • They will stop at nothing to obtain this information.
    • It doesn't matter if your 20 or 30 or older. If your parents might give out your details don't tell them too much.
    • Get caller ID so you don't answer a call from them by mistake.
  • LDH
    LDH

Anyone can go the the post office and get the "forwarding mail address" for like $3 if they really want it....so if you are super concerned, get a PO box or a personal mail box at a Mail Boxes etc to forward your mail to.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yes, i will have to get my stuff forwarded. But isn't mail confidential information? The elders would not be able to locate such info could they?

• LDH
    LDH

Haven't you ever seen those stickers on the mail? "Address Correction Requested?"

Anyone can go get Forwarding info at any post office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit