WTS NO HIGHER EDUCATION dumb dub

by DannyHaszard 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    2006 Academic All-Stars 1 of 10: Paloma Lolita Alva

As a Jehovah's Witness, Alva wanted a job that afforded her flexibility so she can be a full-time preacher/publisher. She was approved in middle school to be a preacher/publisher. She's logged in 160 hours preaching and working in the community. "I ...

• Star-Press
    • 2 hours ago
    Grade-point average: 3.8 out of 4.0 SAT total score: 1820 School activities: According to her guidance counselor, Alva has the "ability to help her peers understand concepts such that the people she helps score very well on the tests." Alva took Advanced Placement calculus her senior year, although taking such a hard class along with the final the test was "pretty scary." "I mean, that's a big test and it's calculus," Alva said. "I was pretty nervous about it. I just thought I wouldn't be losing anything if I didn't pass it. I thought if I didn't take it, I would be losing the opportunity to at least try." She was a member of National Honor Society and the concert, marching and pep bands. Community activities: Alva's faith played a major role in her deciding on a career. As a Jehovah's Witness, Alva wanted a job that afforded her flexibility so she can be a full-time preacher/publisher. She was approved in middle school to be a preacher/publisher. She's logged in 160 hours preaching and working in the community. "I think that's the best possible way that you can help someone is teach them about the Bible," Alva said. "That's my main goal in life is to be able to be a full time preacher/publisher so I can help people. I think that if I wasn't one of Jehovah's Witnesses I probably wouldn't even care about school or getting an education, but because I am, I realize that's very important. The future: Alva plans to attend Ivy Tech Community College to study to be a medical assistant. Originally published July 16, 2006 ----------- Jehovah's Witnesses are the'perfect storm' of deception in a word they are the cult of Innuendo-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I think that if I wasn't one of Jehovah's Witnesses I probably wouldn't even care about school or getting an education, but because I am, I realize that's very important .

Watchtower your deception is straight from the devil that runs your show

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

yup, it's pretty obvious that self manipulation, a phrase I put in almost all of my posts here, is taking place in any Witness or other cult member who also has hyper vigilence in academic areas. I say hyper vigilance because it isn't really a matter of intelligence is it? When I look at that girl's picture, and believe me I have spent some time looking at it! I see someone whose desperation to please her parents, peers and congregation has led her to become the over acheiver she is today. I think some level of self manipulation, or letting your rational mind check out for a while takes place in nearly every person of faith, even in mainstream religions. I mean, come on, the sun stood still on two occasions in the Bible? Right! Again, Santa Claus is a more believaBLE CHARACTER THAN MANY BIBLE story characters, Jesus included, as far as I am concerned.

My point here is that, this girl's burn-out clock has started ticking, and it's only a matter of time, 1, 5, 10, 15 years? before she just breaks down, leaves the religion and gets back on track with some real goals and endeavors. Maybe before that time she'll meet a guy, and like so many women do, throw away everything for that loser, that is scenario 2. Maybe it'll be me. My flight to Bermuda is already booked! See ya all there suckers!

Shawn

• Terry
    Terry

A smart person can be any of a number of things while lacking moderating qualities which make the "smarts" specifically useful in the real world.

There are brilliant people who only know about comic books, for Crissakes!

The focus of one's energies simultaneously is a filter which excludes all else.

A lovely young lady with extraordinary potential who has extreme filters on her intelligence will gradually starve herself intellectually of essential views of the world as it actually exists. Under the control of the Watchtower's influence she will short-circuit her own rational examinations and substitute the cuckoo's egg of cult views.

This is poisonous ultimately. A time release pill has been swallowed and her lifetime will be one of intellectual atrophy in the long haul.

Think of one's mind as a garden. If the soil, climate and rainfall are absolutely ideal and yet what has been planted is neglected.....the weeds will choke out even the most hardy flowers leaving a disarray of chaos.

I wish this young lady well. Perhaps somebody will spark her natural curiousity and lead her to examine alternate studies which include the ACTUAL WATCHTOWER HISTORY of lies and false prophecies.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You guys don't need to worry... Statisticly speaking every single young person who is a witness will leave one day! Thats what 0% growth in industrialized nations MEANS it means that NONE of the children stay and new converts=number dfed! Soon were going to slide over the side into the NEGATIVE! I can't WAIT for that to happen!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Danny,

thanks for those sites. I have been looking for months for the comparative education figures of JW's.

Brant

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Watchtower your deception is straight from the devil that runs your show

Jehovah's Witnesses convention likely to draw 65,000 to Osceola click comment box Orlando Sentinel, FL - 37 minutes ago
    One of the first things to strike attorney Emanuel Moore at his first Jehovah's Witnesses convention, in 2002, was the people. "They treat everybody the same. ... One of the first things to strike attorney Emanuel Moore at his first Jehovah's Witnesses convention, in 2002, was the people.

"They treat everybody the same. People are from all races, religions," said Moore, 64, a Kissimmee real-estate broker. "Jehovah's Witnesses do not see differences in race. What is most important is, you see love." Two years later, Moore, who was raised Roman Catholic, was baptized at the first Jehovah's Witnesses convention held at Kissimmee's Silver Spurs Arena.

This year's gathering, titled "Deliverance at Hand!" opens Friday in the arena at Osceola Heritage Park. It is expected to draw about 65,000 people from Naples to Daytona Beach during the seven consecutive weekends of three-day events, spokesman Michael Roth said. The convention is for Jehovah's Witnesses and others who want to learn more about the faith known for its door-to-door proselytizing.

"We very much believe that the Bible is God's word and we can trust it, and it is not simply myth and human reasoning that is recorded for our benefit," Roth said. "It is actually from God."

To prepare, each of the approximately 58,000 members of about 400 congregations across Central and Southwest Florida were given 50 invitations to distribute -- a total of 2.9 million invitations, Roth said.

Three of the seven three-day conventions will be in Spanish -- the weekends of Aug. 4, 11 and 18. The last one of the seven is Sept. 1-3. Each weekend program is expected to draw between 9,000 and 9,500 people.

Programs include a baptism ceremony each Saturday and a biblical drama at 11:30 a.m. each Sunday titled "To Whose Authority Do You Submit?" The drama is being staged primarily by a Deltona congregation, Roth said.

At 2 p.m. each Sunday, a speaker will talk about why deliverance is so important to Jehovah's Witnesses and how they believe God will provide salvation.

"We're actually looking for deliverance from two things: inherited sin and death, and removal of wickedness from the earth permanently," Roth said.
    Woven throughout are sessions about strengthening family, raising children and using biblical principles to handle problems.

For Moore, the annual gathering is geared toward how to be a better person, how to find happiness and how to keep life simple through biblical principles.

"The convention is not there to convert anybody to be a Jehovah's Witness. It is there for people to receive information," Moore said. "The Bible says we should spread the good news of the Kingdom, and we're spreading the good news of the Kingdom."

Each day's sessions start at 9:30 a.m.; they are free and open to the public. [email protected] letter to editor

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    One of the first things to strike attorney Emanuel Moore at his first Jehovah's Witnesses convention, in 2002, was the people.

Below we have the comprehensive listing of all the many faces of "dubspeak" Ad Hominem Ad Hominem Tu Quoque Appeal to Authority Appeal to Belief Appeal to Common Practice Appeal to Consequences of a Belief Appeal to Emotion Appeal to Fear Appeal to Flattery Appeal to Novelty Appeal to Pity Appeal to Popularity Appeal to Ridicule Appeal to Spite Appeal to Tradition Bandwagon Begging the Question Biased Sample Burden of Proof Circumstantial Ad Hominem Composition Conf using Cause and Effect Division False Dilemma Gambler's Fallacy Genetic Fallacy Guilt By Association Hasty Generalization Ignoring A Common Cause Middle Ground Misleading Vividness Personal Attack Poisoning the Well Post Hoc Questionable Cause Red Herring Relativist Fallacy Slippery Slope Special Pleading Spotlight Straw Man Two Wrongs Make A Right

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Growing up JW (born 1957) everybody knew the '13 year plan' 12 years of school and 1 year of regular pioneering this was the deal struck with horny teenagers who wanted to get out of the house and get married

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Witnessing for the faith
    Orlando Sentinel, FL - 4 minutes ago
    KISSIMMEE -- Jeff and Lucia Clay, both Jehovah's Witnesses, remember the days when their tiny Bible reading group gathered in a downtown Kissimmee home more ...

......Other topics included keeping a "scriptural view of health care," which advised against "obsessive preoccupation with physical appearance."

The format was similar to that of weekly meetings attended by Jehovah's Witnesses, which rely heavily on Bible reading and are punctuated by song.

Many congregants -- women in dresses and men in jackets and ties -- could be seen taking notes.

RaChelle Coleman, who drove from St. Petersburg to attend, said messages at the convention were "useful" as she left a morning session.

"We are living the last days of this system of things," said Coleman, 34. "It's important to remember how to resist the desires of the world because Satan uses different tools to keep us away from Jehovah."

The faith estimates its membership at 6.6 million members worldwide. Jehovah's Witnesses are politically neutral and often refrain from "worldly activities," such as fighting wars and voting. They often frown upon higher education if pursuing it is perceived to interfere with someone's devotion to God.
    Dozens took the opportunity Saturday to be baptized. George Harris, from Tampa, described the experience as "the beginning of a new life."

Harris, 20, said he grew up in the religion but began to feel closer to it when he noticed events in the Bible were "coming true."

"I never felt the need to be baptized until now," he said. "I started to see all these things happening in the world . . . the world just didn't seem as kind anymore." .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit