WTS NO HIGHER EDUCATION dumb dub

by DannyHaszard 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

High Cierra: Teen scores best-ever IB mark at BHS
    Royal Gazette, Bermuda - 4 hours ago
    ... Cierra, a Jehovah’s Witness who was named the Island’s Outstanding Teen 2006 earlier this year, does not intend to go to university but will instead carry ... ....Cierra, a Jehovah’s Witness who was named the Island’s Outstanding Teen 2006 earlier this year, does not intend to go to university but will instead carry out pioneer work for her church and work part-time for a fund management firm.
    She is also learning Portuguese and wants to go to the Azores within the next three years to do missionary work..... [email protected] reporter contact ------------- My comments~The Watchtower cult is ruining this talented young woman's life by compelling her to sell their propaganda door to door,just like they did with me! Graduate cum laude from the university of Awake-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• DannyHaszard
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Both of these news articles were within hours of each other,now it looks like this JW student IS going to college.Note that she is studying to become a dentist (obsolete in 'new system') the JW's are portrayed to non believers as perfectly normal Watchtower playing passive/aggressive good cop/bad cop with the media GSAT PERFORMER: SHARI ROWE - Bee champ abuzz with brilliance
    Jamaica Gleaner, Jamaica -
    ... This bright youngster who worships at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses says the secret to success is to "settle down, study hard and put God first.".
    GSAT PERFORMER: SHARI ROWE - Bee champ abuzz with brilliance
    published: Wednesday | July 12, 2006
    Dalton Laing, Gleaner Writer
    SHARI ROWE EVERYONE DESCRIBES her as quiet, unassuming and shy. Yet, no one doubted her success or was surprised at her achievement. At 12, Shari Rowe has hit the double: She is The Gleaner/Children's Own 2006 Spelling Bee champion for Westmoreland and top achiever for the parish in the Grade Six Achievement Test. The Frome Preparatory School student, who hopes to become a dentist, has been awarded a Government Scholarship to Hampton High in St. Elizabeth. Principal of Frome Prep, Cherila Maddan, was not surprised at the announcement of the scholarship. "I was expecting that result from her because she is consistent with her grades," she said. BRIGHT SPARK Mrs. Maddan describes Shari as an extremely focused, academically-excellent student, who likes to please her teacher. "From grade one she has been performing extremely well. She was always placed first in her class and has consistently maintained an average of over 90 per cent." Shari says that while at home in Town Head, Westmoreland, she loves to read, listen to music, watch TV and play Game Boy. "She takes her books seriously, but she is aware of current happenings, especially the music," her mother, Jacqueline Williams-Rowe, a nurse said. "I could see this success coming," Mrs. Williams-Rowe added. "I kept telling her 'just study and don't watch the others,' because she has potential." This bright youngster who worships at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses says the secret to success is to "settle down, study hard and put God first."

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Seems that JW are overrepresented among outstandind pupils. I also had very good grades at school. I think one of the little benefits you have from being raised a JW is that you learn how to read, how to collect information (at least from controlled sources) and how to speak in front of an aucience.

Unfortunately, it is too high a price and as seen from these examples: a career based on those outstanding results is discouraged.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

GXJW~roger that i was an A student and at age 49 still have that schoolboy wonderlust to learn http://www.dannyhaszard.com/crooked_cult__crooked_teeth.htm this is for the apprentice dentist

• greendawn
    greendawn

That girl Cierra is quite pretty too it's a shame she will waste her talents for the sake of a cult and the vain dream of a ticket to paradise through the fraudulant WTS organisation.

They don't give up damaging the prospects of intelligent JW youths even though they have already failed to deliver the goods so many times, JW kids from the 1970's that quitted the idea of university education still clean windows while waiting in vain for the paradise.

• Shazard
    Shazard

If JW can gain so high results and still be JW then I doubt quality of the tests. You should add several logic tests in these tests then JW will not be able to pass :) If so brilliant ppl don't see the fallacy of the cult, then there is something wrong with the picture.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Hey Shazard

I wouldn't be so harsh about the quality of those tests. lol

I think people can be (unconsciously) selective in exercising their thinking abilities. Have you ever acted like a fool in front of a crush? I think it's the same principle. Where emotions are involved (e.g. religious fervor), logic is held in suspension. The good news though is that she is a bright spark. Often, bright sparks will eventually be conflicted by the inconsistencies of their faith; or stumped by the intelligence of a redneck elder!

Give her time. She may join us here one day!

INQ

• Confession
    Confession
    I think people can be (unconsciously) selective in exercising their thinking abilities.

Yes, I agree. Remember how clearly we could see the flaws in others' logic? But we obviously couldn't see our own.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I think there is a case to be made for JW children being overachievers in school. They are taught how to focus during lectures that drone on and on. How to take notes. How to speak in public.

I on the other hand was chronic underachiever, until my senior year, when I decided to apply myself, despite the big A being "right around the corner." It is sad to see all that talent go to waste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit