Should you believe in the Trinity?

by 1ofhissheep 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Will Power
    Will Power

whether you believe in the trinity concept or not - one thing is for sure, the FDS (hehe) at the WT can be seen as actually defending the possibility by its undeniably dishonest approach.

the question is, if JW ministers are teaching what they call the truth, why must they do it dishonestly?

god's supposedly only channel on earth today surely could come up with a less embarassing approach.

my 2ยข

wp

• 1ofhissheep
    1ofhissheep

Exactly. I went into my essay looking for how WT came up with the idea that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were not three parts of the same God. I was extremely suprised when I saw that they, not only had misquotes, but also bold faced lies about what the early church fathers say about Christ. Though I must admit, it made me willing to study and find out the truth for myself instead of relying on an organization to tell me the answers.

What I have seen so far is that the first century fathers, when discribing God, had the three part formula in their discription -Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The second century actually started trying to explain what that meant; the third century moved towards and official definition that all churches could use for an explanation of the Trinity and it was finalized by the late 3rd to early 4th century into what we currently know. The same definition was always there; it just took some time to figure out how to explain "In what way is God one and in what way is He three?".

Honestly, I'm not suprised that it took so long. I mean, think about it. If you were trying to find a way to explain something unexplainable about our divine maker, how long would it take you if you were treating it with the respect and reverence it deserves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit